• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Charge Notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Charge Notice

Good Evening,

I wondered if I could trouble you all for some advice around a Parking Charge Notice that my wife has received in the post.

The advice up until recently appears to have been not to respond to the requests and ignore the subsequent chain of letters.

The letter stated that she must pay £100 because whilst parked in a local retail park the driver of the vehicle registered to her has 'left the site'.

Apparently, whoever has observed the driver has placed a ticket on the vehicle, however, no such notice was left.

It is not clear whether,

1) There is physical evidence of this, ie a photo/video or whether this is simply an observation of the 'agent'.
    2) There are no details of how long the driver was supposedly off the site or by which route they left, as there are a number of ways to 'leave the site'.
    3) If there is evidence of the 'ticket' being deposited in the first place...

On the date in question I have confirmed that my wife was a customer at one of the shops and made a number of purchases, which can be evidenced.

I have returned to the site and although there are a number of signs placed around, they are proportionally small for the size of the writing and are not clear unless read up-close.

Because of the length of time since the original ticket was 'allegedly' placed on the vehicle, no-one can recall if anyone did leave the site and for what reason.

The majority of the other threads I have read on this and other sites tend to relate to parking in disabled bays and parking over 2 bays etc. and I'm not sure whether the advice would be different in this case.

I have previously had some very good advice on this site, for an unrelated matter, and wondered if someone would be able to provide some assistance. I apologise if I have come across as being quite vague, I am just concerned as to who may be reading. If any further information is requested, please let me know.

Many thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

Re: Parking Charge Notice

Hi
    Here's a thread dealing with a very similar event.
    Suggest you have a read and come back if you have more questions.
    .legalbeagles.info/forums/showthread.php?43934-Parking-Charge-Notice-clear-and-prominent-signage&p=381580

Comment

If it's still with in the appeal time,then appeal

Dear sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. I appeal because the driver was unaware of any terms and conditions was a genuine shopper( see copy receipts attached) and besides this the charges are penal and not a genuine pre estimate of loss. She you reject my appeal please provide a popla code.

Yours etc

Once they refuse and give you a popla code then appeal along the lines of http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...-Appeal-Letter which is pretty much guaranteed on current results.

At the same time contact all the retailers with receipts and let them know you can only be a loyal customer so long etc etc to see if they'll cancel it.

Do both at the same time until you get a result in writing.

M1

Comment

Thank you for you replies, we are still within the appeal time period, therefore we will send the initial appeal letter and see how it progresses from there.

Many thanks.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X