• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Default CCJ awarded for Parking Eye against Me! Help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default CCJ awarded for Parking Eye against Me! Help!

Help! i received a fine from parking eye - 2 infact for going over the 2 hours free parking by 15mins when i was in a case conference with social services - my manager wrote me a letter but after researching online and talking to social services i was advised to ignore all communications and not to send the letter. I got shoddy looking court notices which were not signed then i got a letter saying the court had decided i owed parking eye £135 again i ignored it as it looked like a photocopy and was not signed. I have an excellent credit rating but was the refused a credit card for the first time in my life! i got my experian credit report and they have put a county court judgement against me which will stay for 6 years!! this will effect any chance of renewing my mortgage in 2 years! What do i do now? can they legally do this? all the information said it would not effect my credit rating! HELP PLEASE! :-(
    Last edited by labman; 4th November 2013, 19:39:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Default CCF awarded for Parking Eye against Me! Help!

If you have a look at the 'shoddy looking court notices which were not signed' does one have a court stamp on it, with Particulars of Claim and advising you of your options? It should also have a claim number in the top right corner.

I don't do court issues, but I know it is possible to apply either for a set aside using N244 or a Variation of Judgment using N245. Both can be found linked from here (Numbers 4 and 6):

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...1-Useful-Links

I'll leave it to those more knowledgeable in this area to advise from here. :beagle:

Comment

I'm afraid what's done is done. In all the time i've seen advice across the fora, i've never seen it said to ignore court paperwork, crappy tickets yes but court stuff no.

You appear to be out of time to appeal. You appear not to have reason to set aside. I don't think there is anything else you can do.

Unless this has transpired rather quickly and the court decision was in the last 3/4 weeks you had it.

The ccj will probably have an effect on any credit application.

M1

Comment

when i look through all the paper work i had lots of threatening letters and a claimant notice from court but i never got a summons to court or a court date does that make a difference?

Comment

Re: Default CCJ awarded for Parking Eye against Me! Help!

Perhaps. When did you get this
          i got a letter saying the court had decided i owed parking eye £135
          M1

Comment

got letter 30th september so i am out of time to get it removed went to CAB today but they didnt hold out much hope :-( parking eye asked me to email their enforcement department and the court are sending me a form to set aside - i am gutted as i will need to remortgage soon. Cant believe you can lose a home for a parking fine. What a strange world we live in

Comment

Originally posted by pancakes View Post
              got letter 30th september so i am out of time to get it removed went to CAB today but they didnt hold out much hope :-( parking eye asked me to email their enforcement department and the court are sending me a form to set aside - i am gutted as i will need to remortgage soon. Cant believe you can lose a home for a parking fine. What a strange world we live in
              That is telling if the court is sending you a form to Set Aside. Makes you wonder if the courts are getting wise to PPCs' speculative invoices.
              Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pro...l/rules/part13

You need to read that and decide for yourself if there is something you can do.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X