• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Very depressed my security company I work for are making me move to a different site

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very depressed my security company I work for are making me move to a different site

Very depressed my security company I work for are making me move to a different site 20 miles away and for 10p an hour less when
    I am only on £6.95 per hr and by 25 nov is'nt there something about lesser terms. I have after 15th nov been there 2 years I have been offered redundancy
    but don't know the terms and I don't think my wife can take that. help v v much appreciated. why now
    Tags: None

Re: Very depressed my security company I work for are making me move to a different s

Is it also true that they have to give me 28 days notice as they haven't given me this much
    I have also been given this advice by another website:
    Hi , thanks for your message. The other job doesn't sound suitable, no, so you should be eligible for redundancy if you refuse it. However, if you wanted to take the job you could choose to, but you may need to accept the lesser pay etc.
    Last edited by halsaps; 5th November 2013, 21:01:PM. Reason: addition

Comment

Re: Very depressed my security company I work for are making me move to a different s

What kind of security company do you work for - is it one that supplies staff to premises as suits or are you inhouse security ? Is your employment contract based on your work location?

They are right to offer you redundancy if the new work location is inappropriate for you.

Re the pay cut - what are the reasons given for the change of location and pay cut?

Also when you ssy 20 miles away - is that 20 miles further away from your home? or from your current location of work?
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
        What kind of security company do you work for - is it one that supplies staff to premises as suits or are you inhouse security ? Is your employment contract based on your work location? ans

I am in house your other question this I will have to check but I believe and my boss says there is a location clause so will have to hunt for my contract as I not 100% certain I trust him as my contract for some time has been wrong as it says I should do 48hrs a week but they only give me 44 I know it isn't much but the money would have come in handy

They are right to offer you redundancy if the new work location is inappropriate for you.

redundancy isn't really any option as I bet they would only offer
        me well under £2000 for only 2 years service + possibly holidays and knowing the job market I could be out of work for over 6 months.

Re the pay cut - what are the reasons given for the change of location and pay cut?

ans that is what they say the new site pays the old site just doesn't
        want to have the security although they do gets some very bad theft as it is a very large diy retailer the new site is over twice the size of my old one I
        hope there is plenty of cctv as my body won't take it for to long the old site is not closing.

Also when you ssy 20 miles away - is that 20 miles further away from your home? or from your current location of work?

ans 20 miles from my home
        so 40 miles a day and I was only 7 miles away from my last site so I could just about make do I have earnt less since I was apprentice 25yrs ish ago

thanks for reply
        Last edited by Amethyst; 8th November 2013, 16:54:PM. Reason: correction

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X