• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

General questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General questions

Hi everyone i unfortunatly im in money trouble i suffer from mental health problems and to be honest im quite scarred and was wondering if anybody could anwser a couple of questions for me?

1.)if i have a CCJ can i still apply for Debt relief order? (debts are around the £6,000 mark).

2.)Is my partner who lives with me and whom i met before i started to have debt problems liable for my debt in any way?
    (obviously all the debt is in my name only)
    Tags: None

Re: General questions

Hello and welcome to legal Beagles I'm sure some knowledgable people will aroung soon . Whetther you can apply for a DRo depends on three factors whetther you hsve savings of more than £100 a car valued at over £1000 and whether you are on a low income .

Comment

Re: General questions

Originally posted by stifler View Post
      Hi everyone i unfortunatly im in money trouble i suffer from mental health problems and to be honest im quite scarred and was wondering if anybody could anwser a couple of questions for me?

1.)if i have a CCJ can i still apply for Debt relief order? (debts are around the £6,000 mark).
      Hi and welcome to LB!

A DRO is for debts up to £15,000, however, the criteria to qualify is quite strict: http://webarchive.nationalarchives.g...bankruptcy.htm

• You must be unable to pay your debts.
      • You must owe less than £15,000.
      • You can own a car to the value of £1000 but the total value of other assets must not exceed £300.
      • After taking away tax, national insurance contributions and normal household expenses, your disposable income must be no more than £50 a month.
      A DRO is a form of insolvency not unlike bankruptcy, one big difference is that the cost is much lower than that of making yourself bankrupt. As such, it should be considered as a last resort.

Before making a decision like that, it would be useful if you told us a bit more about your debts. How much is the CCJ for and what are the other debts that make up the £6,000? :confused2:

Originally posted by stifler View Post
      2.)Is my partner who lives with me and whom i met before i started to have debt problems liable for my debt in any way?
      (obviously all the debt is in my name only)
      If the debt is in your name only, then no, your partner wouldn't be liable for it regardless of when you met.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X