• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Abbey National Credit Card PPI now MBNA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abbey National Credit Card PPI now MBNA

As you are aware MBNA acquired most Abbey credit cards back in 2001. My card continued with MBNA until I closed account in May 2007. I had a large credit limit £10k and at the time of closure £8k was repaid. I filed a claim in August and 8 week limit expired yesterday. I have. Moved house since settling account and gave details of both old and current addresses, of and current telephone numbers plus mobile no. When I telephoned today to enquire as to progress, I was advised a letter was on way advising they had closed case as details held did not agree with records. I asked if that was the case, how had I passed security today ? Silence. I explained all relevant info supplied and if they had my old address, telephone no , it appeared that my claim had not been fully reviewed. Silence. Young lady then offered to reopen new claim? I advised her I was not happy with a new claim as I felt that was stalling tactics when they were at fault.

Can someone advise do I have a right to request a review of original clAim on basis not properly reviewed and if so , does anyone have CEO name in MBNA and valid email address.

Thanks so much
    Tags: None

Re: Abbey National Credit Card PPI now MBNA

Originally posted by Joico View Post
    As you are aware MBNA acquired most Abbey credit cards back in 2001. My card continued with MBNA until I closed account in May 2007. I had a large credit limit £10k and at the time of closure £8k was repaid. I filed a claim in August and 8 week limit expired yesterday. I have. Moved house since settling account and gave details of both old and current addresses, of and current telephone numbers plus mobile no. When I telephoned today to enquire as to progress, I was advised a letter was on way advising they had closed case as details held did not agree with records. I asked if that was the case, how had I passed security today ? Silence. I explained all relevant info supplied and if they had my old address, telephone no , it appeared that my claim had not been fully reviewed. Silence. Young lady then offered to reopen new claim? I advised her I was not happy with a new claim as I felt that was stalling tactics when they were at fault.

Can someone advise do I have a right to request a review of original clAim on basis not properly reviewed and if so , does anyone have CEO name in MBNA and valid email address.

Thanks so much

Hi there

I would definately give it a try due to your circumstances as you posted.
    I did find some details for you of the CEO, hope you get some luck,fingers crossed.

ian.odoherty@bankofamerica.com

Comment

Hi. In response to earlier post, I have now had case reviewed and claim upheld . Worth the shot as cases aren't always being dealt with fully. Would seem like some ppl investigating complaints wud miss targets if all cases fully reviewed so some cases 'closed' with feeble excuses. :beagle2222:

Comment

YAY well done to you!!:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

I strongly advise you to ensure you get MBNA's calculations.

If they are true to form a cheque just arrives with not much of an explanation.

Comment

Yes definately agree with Ken, good one Ken.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X