• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DWP harassment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DWP harassment

HELLO PPL I have an on-going battle with the dwp it long winded. In 2006 my mother died and I lost my way in life I was on jsa at the time, I was called into the local office where my advisor at the time attempted to verbally blackmail me into going on a back to work scheme called new deal my mother had only died three month before. I tried to explain that my mother had died and that I was in no fit state to do anything, my advisor at the time said and quote “ you’re mothers not dead you are just saying that to get out of going to new deal” and other things. But when she said this I was filled with a sudden fit of anger and rage I took my right hand and cleared her work desk from right to left. And walked out shouting about her incompetence, I know that this was not the nicest thing to do, but at the time I was not interested in the whims of the dwp or its staff or anyone for that matter. To cut a long story short, I have been continuously harassed and badgered by the staff there on her behalf from 2006 through to 2013, I was arrested and punished for my actions in 2006. But to this day I experience attempts to make me angry or punish or taunt me from the staff at my local job centre it got so bad in 2011 I bought a dictation device and started openly recording my interviews with them because without recording them I often found them attempting to make inappropriate comments and statements about incident’s in 2006 or other incidents that they have gone out of their way to instigate. I am seen behind a glass screen on every occasion and they have restricted my actions in the job centre in the last few months for the second time in my known history. I am fed up of this situation I am forced to deal with. What is very interesting about all this is that my previous advisor is now changing the events of what took place in 2006 and is known to state that I apparently “throw a computer at her” this not what happened at all. Is there anything I can do about all this I seem to get nowhere when I complain about it. If I go to the job centre without my recording device I get loads of abuse verbally or otherwise form staff and the security guards, if I use the phones in there I get funny remarks from staff whom make false allegations about tone of voice or me coming off Sharpe but I never do, its got so bad, I don’t deserve the way I am treated. I want to make an example of them iv put up with this for years but no longer what should I do ??? :spooky:
    Tags: None

Re: DWP harassment

hide the recorder ? they don't need to know and its not an offence if you are trying to prove criminal action i.e harrasment . Do you have written copy of the events from 2006 ? Have you asked for a subject data acess request . They will have to provide one for you . Other wise talk to an organisation like speak up on another organisatio who cna act as advocates . Get them to accompany you to the Dole office . They dont need to say anything just be in sight and or earshot so that they can witness thebad behaviour of the staff . BTW did you show the staff at the JSA your mther's death certificate. did recieve any grief counselling (CRUSE are very good as I know prom personal experience)?

If they are ignoring your complaints then go to your mp and see if he can put a rocket up them

Comment

From what I have read in your post, I am totally disgusted by the way you have been treated by DWP staff. The one who made the wholly insensitive remark about your loss should have been subject to disciplinary action and there is no reason why that cannot still happen. DWP staff are subject to Civil Service standards of behaviour and conduct and this would appear to not be in accordance with those standards.

As far as the conduct of DWP staff goes, I would follow Seduraed's advice and see your MP. They can help you pursue a complaint against the JCP office up to and including the Parliamentary Ombudsman who deals with complaints against government departments and executive agencies. As for the security goons, if they are from G4S or another private-sector company, complaints can be pursued against them with the Security Industry Authority (SIA) who licence them. If the SIA consider their conduct brings into question their fitness to hold an SIA licence, they can revoke their licences which means they cannot ever work in the security industry again. Again, ask you MP to help you with this.

Finally, Seduraed has advised you to seek help from CRUSE if you have not already received any grief counselling. Please follow this advice as grief affects us all in different ways and, sometimes, it is necessary to ask for help with coming to terms with a loss.
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

thank you for your advice i shall look at all options suggested and update you when i have a result

Comment

Originally posted by hoodedtop View Post
          I was arrested and punished for my actions in 2006.
          More detail please.

I am seen behind a glass screen on every occasion and they have restricted my actions in the job centre in the last few months for the second time in my known history.
          The second time?

It sounds as if you are recorded as being violent and dangerous. To see what they have on you, hit them with a Subject Access Request (SAR) under the Data Protection Act 1998.

It is not unknown for DWP staff to maliciously falsify or exaggerate such matters.

If I go to the job centre without my recording device I get loads of abuse verbally or otherwise form staff and the security guards ...
          Covert recording, preferably video. An accomplice would be ideal.

Comment

Originally posted by hoodedtop View Post
            If I go to the job centre without my recording device I get loads of abuse verbally or otherwise form staff and the security guards
            Originally posted by enquirer View Post
            An accomplice would be ideal.
            Armed with a baseball bat? :rofl:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X