• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

OMG!! Aktiv Kapital I can't believe this!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG!! Aktiv Kapital I can't believe this!!!!!!

Aktive Krapital have an old account of mine which they can't find the CA for so its on hold until such time they come up with the goods. Today a fat letter came through my door from AK which has my name, address and account numbers on it BUT the letter is for someone else as the letter is about a disagreement over how much this person owes so I am now in possession of Mr W£$%*&* home address including all his Lloyds bank statements, how much he owes, all his direct debit details, his bank account number including sort code....I even know how much he earns!!!

The really worrying bit for me is if they are so incompetent as to send very sensitive private material to anybody whats happening to mine? what should I do and who should I speak to regarding data protection?
    Tags: None

Re: OMG!! Aktiv Kapital I can't believe this!!!!!!

Personally I would contact the person named and advise him what the Cupid Stunts have done. He should be able to take them to the cleaners over mishandling his personal data. Do not advise Aktiv Krapital of their cock-up

Comment

The Information Commissioner is the body you could complain to regarding breaches of the DPA: http://www.ico.org.uk/complaints

You could ring their helpline first and explain what happened, they should be able to tell you how to approach the matter. :cell:

Speaking of the devil, today I came home to a letter from AK with a voucher to 'clear my account', an account I thought I'd settled years ago when I accepted their "generous" discount offer and agreed to pay the rest using my debit card over the phone. That was years ago, before I knew better.

Comment

Before making a formal complaint I would let the injured party know also. It will give them great leverage against Aktiv Krapital

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
          The Information Commissioner is the body you could complain to regarding breaches of the DPA: http://www.ico.org.uk/complaints

You could ring their helpline first and explain what happened, they should be able to tell you how to approach the matter. :cell:

Speaking of the devil, today I came home to a letter from AK with a voucher to 'clear my account', an account I thought I'd settled years ago when I accepted their "generous" discount offer and agreed to pay the rest using my debit card over the phone. That was years ago, before I knew better.

Their old tricks - I am Battling them from now on under their guise of AKA Debito/Thames Credit/CCS.

Comment

You never know Mr W£$%*&* may have your letter!

Comment

Originally posted by ODC View Post
              Before making a formal complaint I would let the injured party know also. It will give them great leverage against Aktiv Krapital
              Good thinking.

Comment

I should have said to the OP that when he contacts the person who should have received the letter fro AK that he suggests they join LB.

Comment

Im having the similar problem too. Not sure if this debt is belonging to me or not grrrrr

Looks Like I need to send an SAR and in that request a copy of the CCA and all the paperwork also WHO THE ACCOUNT ACTUALLY BELONGS TOO?

Called Mr Grear on the Phone. One I am female and two I have never heard of a Mr Grear. I have a typical welsh name!

Jules
                  Last edited by jules1966; 3rd December 2013, 10:20:AM. Reason: Added comment

Comment

Nothing back from the OP then?

Comment

I posted all the personal info to the poor guy who has the debt with AK and he then phoned them, they told him they would take £300 off his debt for the "human error" and told him it would not happen again!!!!! are they kidding?!!!! I would want the debt written off!

Comment

As ODC says

Originally posted by ODC View Post
                        I should have said to the OP that when he contacts the person who should have received the letter fro AK that he suggests they join LB.

Personally I would phone the guy again and invite him to join LB so we can see if we can help him a little bit more

As it looks as though they will try to brush this off

and I suspect that the knowledge on this site could possibly make sure that it doesn't get brushed off and the guy gets more than just £300 off

Comment

If they offered £300 so readily then they are $hit scared of him taking it further, Get him here asap so he can receive expert advice.. You should contact them too and see how much they will pay you not to pass it on to the press or Legal Beagles

Oh hold on .................................L O L

Happy Christmas Akriv KRAPital

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X