• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hello all! I have a Parking Charge Notice ):

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all! I have a Parking Charge Notice ):

Hello everybody, this is my first post so please be kind! I did look around already, but I can't find any answers to my query, and I was hoping you guys could help.

I live in England and I received a Parking Charge Notice on the 24/05/2013. Through some research at the time, I thought the best thing to do was to ignore it, so I did. However, looking at more recent forums on the subject, the general consensus for the best course of action appears to be appealing the parking tickets at first with the PPC, then through POPLA. I have missed all deadlines for any appeals by a long way, and have received a letter from a solicitors/debt collection agency.

What is the best thing to do now? Do I have to pay the PPC now? Please help!

Thank you so much

John
    Tags: None

Re: Hello all! I have a Parking Charge Notice ):

HI + ...We're a friendly bunch and someone will pop by and give you proper advice

Comment

The best thing to do depends on the circumstances.

If the registered keeper was not the driver then write to the parking company and tell them the name and address so that they can chase them. This allows the driver to appeal/challenge the ticket and eventually get a popla code to which the driver would sent an appeal such as http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...-Appeal-Letter which would in almost all cases prove successful.

Regardless of whether the above applies you should contact the retailers and/or landowner with receipts if applicable and perhaps they can cancel the ticket. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=4766249

M1

Comment

Hello and thank you for your reply mystery1,

The situation is this. I am the RK of the car, but it was my son who parked the car and incurred the Parking Charge Notice. He still lives at home with me. The landowner did not cancel the ticket. I don't know what to do next. What is likely to happen if I continue to ignore the letters and phonecalls? Is it better just to pay up?

Thank you once again!

Comment

In those circumstances name your son. That way they cannot come after you, as registered keeper, and your son has to be given an opportunity to appeal and ultimately use popla which will see these snakes off.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X