• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Welcome finance/MKRR/Raven

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome finance/MKRR/Raven

Greetings all new member, thank you for having me. Some time ago, maybe 2007 or so i took out a loan with welcome finance,i made one payment and swerved them. Please dont think im being cocky or cavalier it was a time in my life when everything was a mess and i was took advantage of as well i think with this credit bubble nonsense.

Needless to say i believe Welcome went to the wall and that was that. Last year MKRR started sending letters to my girlfriends house and i ignored,not known at this address having researched that these merchants buy debt at circa 5%, the fact is i am adamant im not paying these scumbags a penny as i think they feed off misery first and foremost.

Last week i sent a letter requesting details of alledged loan and also did not acknowledge this debt-this was after recieving a MKRR letter, this friday is the expiry date of the12 day notice.

Today, i recieved a RAVEN letter requesting payment of balance on reciept of this letter, or failure within 7 days of this letter being issued they will access "my account" for alternative action to recover the balance.

what are my next steps and what if any legs do i have to stand on? Any advice forthcoming would be a great help as im beginning to get worried now.

Re: Welcome finance/MKRR/Raven

Originally posted by dougle View Post
    Greetings all new member, thank you for having me. Some time ago, maybe 2007 or so i took out a loan with welcome finance,i made one payment and swerved them. Please dont think im being cocky or cavalier it was a time in my life when everything was a mess and i was took advantage of as well i think with this credit bubble nonsense.
    Hi and welcome

No worries, Welcome are not welcome here. :grin: What's important in this case are the exact dates, if you took out the loan in 2007 and made just one payment, then the debt could well be statute barred, but that would depend on WHEN exactly you took out the loan and when your last payment was made. Have you any idea about the dates?

Last week i sent a letter requesting details of alledged loan and also did not acknowledge this debt-this was after recieving a MKRR letter, this friday is the expiry date of the12 day notice.

Today, i recieved a RAVEN letter requesting payment of balance on reciept of this letter, or failure within 7 days of this letter being issued they will access "my account" for alternative action to recover the balance.

what are my next steps and what if any legs do i have to stand on? Any advice forthcoming would be a great help as im beginning to get worried now.
    Accessing your account for alternative action doesn't mean anything specific so no need to be scared, unless you get a definite threat of legal action. What you need to know is establish when you last paid this. As you have sent a CCA request (presumably that's what you sent :noidea, their response may give you a clue with regards to the date you took out the loan. As a matter of interest, have you looked at your credit file? Is the default still there?

I'm assuming this was an unsecured loan (Welcome did both).

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
      Hi and welcome

No worries, Welcome are not welcome here. :grin: What's important in this case are the exact dates, if you took out the loan in 2007 and made just one payment, then the debt could well be statute barred, but that would depend on WHEN exactly you took out the loan and when your last payment was made. Have you any idea about the dates?

Accessing your account for alternative action doesn't mean anything specific so no need to be scared, unless you get a definite threat of legal action. What you need to know is establish when you last paid this. As you have sent a CCA request (presumably that's what you sent :noidea, their response may give you a clue with regards to the date you took out the loan. As a matter of interest, have you looked at your credit file? Is the default still there?

I'm assuming this was an unsecured loan (Welcome did both).
      It was indeed a unsecured loan Circa £5k i dont have any paperwork pertaining to this loan and it could be '06 or '07 when the loan was taken out if not before! I havnt looked into my credit file as i dont want any alarm bells from my enquiries, in addition, i am paying back an overpayment of tax via another DRC and im wondering if by doing so i have triggered anything in terms of MKRR poking their nose where not wanted.

Thanks very much for your help and reassurance in this matter,any advice re CRA's would be grateful bearing in mind i would like to remain under the rader, i have nothing in my name now-bank or anything.

Comment

It was indeed a unsecured loan Circa £5k i dont have any paperwork pertaining to this loan and it could be '06 or '07 when the loan was taken out if not before! I havnt looked into my credit file as i dont want any alarm bells from my enquiries, in addition, i am paying back an overpayment of tax via another DRC and im wondering if by doing so i have triggered anything in terms of MKRR poking their nose where not wanted.
        If that was the case and, as you say, you made just one payment, then it's very likely to be Statute Barred. :grin:

Thanks very much for your help and reassurance in this matter,any advice re CRA's would be grateful bearing in mind i would like to remain under the rader, i have nothing in my name now-bank or anything.
        If the loan was defaulted that long ago, the default would have dropped off your files by now so you wouldn't see it anyway. Credit files are hardly the best source of accurate information, as defaults are often recorded a long time after they should, I just mentioned it in case you'd seen something there. I don't check my credit file for the same reason as you.

Comment

Im awaiting a response from them re 12 day request letter for all info-loan agreement etc etc,which will expire Friday or monday for generosity purposes, so to be honest until they furnish me with those details im not sure with pinpoint accuracy of the six year statute bar,for instance, if i begin to pay off another non related matter that falls under the auspices of another DCA, does that start the clock from the beginning with this debt? What a minefield!

Comment

No, you can only reset the clock by paying towards THIS debt, not any other accounts.

Comment

Im awaiting a response from them re 12 day request letter for all info-loan agreement etc etc,which will expire Friday or monday for generosity purposes, so to be honest until they furnish me with those details im not sure with pinpoint accuracy of the six year statute bar, for instance, if i begin to pay off another non related matter that falls under the auspices of another DCA, does that start the clock from the beginning with this debt? What a minefield!
              Presumably you have sent a CCA request for a copy of your credit agreement. That's useful for the purposes of assessing enforceability but won't necessarily shed light with regards to it being SBd or not, that depends on when the last payment was made and you may not get that information in response to a CCA request.

Comment

RAVING and MKRR are on and the same. Just an attempt to make themselves sound important. They have been on my case for 2 yrs and have done diddly squat other than phone calls and threatomatics

Comment

So, as matters stand, even if i enquire at a CRA as regards my credit history this wont open a pandoras box? I would like to enquire just to settle my mind,its not as if i have spun everyone whom has dished out a phone or credit,The last payment made was one month after recieving the original loan and me blowing the lot!

As a footnote, MKRR have been sending letters for about 18 month or so without any acknowledgement as to owning the debt or being responsible or if im MR X or Y. The raven letter appears to be an escalation,landing on my mat one day after them signing for the CCA request at 1pm the day before!

Comment

Recieved a response today from these people, asking me tosend a cheque payable for £1, i enclosed a uncrossed postal order when i sent the CCA request, sealed in the envelope by the post mistress. Quote- "On reciept of the required fee,we wil request for the required documentation from the original creditor and this will be sent to you as soon we recieve a copy from them"
                    So, what do i make of this? Are they a bunch of chancers taking the micky? if they dont have the original CCA what legs do they stand on and what should my response be? this has burned my head out.

Comment

Originally posted by dougle;384432[B
                      ]Recieved a response today from these people, asking me tosend a cheque payable for £1, i enclosed a uncrossed postal order when i sent the CCA request,[/B] sealed in the envelope by the post mistress. Quote- "On reciept of the required fee,we wil request for the required documentation from the original creditor and this will be sent to you as soon we recieve a copy from them"
                      So, what do i make of this? Are they a bunch of chancers taking the micky? if they dont have the original CCA what legs do they stand on and what should my response be? this has burned my head out.
                      Did you keep the receipt for the PO? I'd write back to them saying you had enclosed PO number xyz with your CCA request. Other than that, it's customary for DCAs to say what they've told you, i.e. that they will contact the OC, as they buy debts without any paperwork.

Comment

So, as matters stand, even if i enquire at a CRA as regards my credit history this wont open a pandoras box? I would like to enquire just to settle my mind,its not as if i have spun everyone whom has dished out a phone or credit,The last payment made was one month after recieving the original loan and me blowing the lot!

As a footnote, MKRR have been sending letters for about 18 month or so without any acknowledgement as to owning the debt or being responsible or if im MR X or Y. The raven letter appears to be an escalation,landing on my mat one day after them signing for the CCA request at 1pm the day before!
                        The jury's out on that one, personally I don't check my credit files precisely for that reason... just to be on the safe side. :thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
                          Did you keep the receipt for the PO? I'd write back to them saying you had enclosed PO number xyz with your CCA request. Other than that, it's customary for DCAs to say what they've told you, i.e. that they will contact the OC, as they buy debts without any paperwork.
                          Thanks for replies folks, so they have bought this debt and i could be anyone they are bothering? is this a stalling tactic they are employing and do i have to send another CCA request,I have the reciept for tracked letter i dont for PO-i dont know where that is,could i audit trail it at PO as they printed MKRR on the PO etc? Does this mean i start the 12 day clock again with a fresh CCA request,i dont want to put bullets in their gun to fire at me?

Comment

Thanks for replies folks, so they have bought this debt and i could be anyone they are bothering? is this a stalling tactic they are employing and do i have to send another CCA request,I have the reciept for tracked letter i dont for PO-i dont know where that is,could i audit trail it at PO as they printed MKRR on the PO etc? Does this mean i start the 12 day clock again with a fresh CCA request,i dont want to put bullets in their gun to fire at me?
                            You don't have to send a fresh CCA request, they seem to have somehow misplaced the PO, if they were just trying to stall they'd say they are waiting for info from the OC.

You could just write back to them saying the fee was attached, obviously without the receipt it will be your word against theirs and I don't think the PO will have a record of WHO the PO was made out to, even if they wrote it themselves, it probably wouldn't have been recorded anywhere. Up to you whether you want to send another PO (keeping the receipt this time, and they can just be left blank, I always did). They won't be able to comply within the 14 days anyway because they are not the OC and the OC will not provide the paperwork that quickly, but this isn't really an issue. They will be in default of your request and the account will be unenforceable until such time they send something compliant. :thumb:

Comment

Whilst reading this post the thought occured to me that I opened a new Natwest account about a month ago. Would they have checked my credit score as it's something I never do for the same reasons?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X