• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Charge Notice - 'clear and prominent signage'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Charge Notice - 'clear and prominent signage'

Last week I parked near B&Q in their car park: signage on entering does say 2 hours free customer parking. There is more below that and I have to admit I did not go and read the rest of it. From the car park I walked up into town (walking out a clearly marked pedestrian exit with no sign anywhere near it) to get some money out of the bank so that I could make a purchase, and on return to my car I had a parking Charge Notice, the contravention being 'Vehicle Occupant left the site'. I'm not denying I did leave, but I feel this is unfair- they must have been watching me as the ticket was timed for about a minute after I left! Why have a pedestrian exit if you aren't allowed to leave the site? They aren't even arguing whether or not I was a customer. Advice please.
    Tags: None

Re: Parking Charge Notice - 'clear and prominent signage'

Hi and welcome.

While your waiting for the experts to arrive you might find the attached an interesting read
    http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?...post&id=16231)

Shouldn't worry about it.... it can be sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by SWDATD View Post
      Last week I parked near B&Q in their car park: signage on entering does say 2 hours free customer parking. There is more below that and I have to admit I did not go and read the rest of it. From the car park I walked up into town (walking out a clearly marked pedestrian exit with no sign anywhere near it) to get some money out of the bank so that I could make a purchase, and on return to my car I had a parking Charge Notice, the contravention being 'Vehicle Occupant left the site'. I'm not denying I did leave, but I feel this is unfair- they must have been watching me as the ticket was timed for about a minute after I left! Why have a pedestrian exit if you aren't allowed to leave the site? They aren't even arguing whether or not I was a customer. Advice please.

Contact all the retailers on the site and complain, with particular emphasis on any you spent money with that day and also those with whom you are a regular patron. The aim is that somebody will cancel it.

At the same time appeal to parking eye.

Dear Sirs,

I was a customer on the site and i enclose copies of my receipts to prove it. I went to a bank to get money for spending. These charges are also penal, not a genuine pre estimate of loss and you appear to have failed to mitigate your loss. If your signage states not to leave the site it could not have been read as i did not and could not have read that as a driver entering the site. Further more there is no definition of "the site".

Please cancel said penalty charge or provide a popla code.

Yours etc

M1

Comment

An interesting read from Des8 - particularly like the bit where the guys asks why, if he was being watched, didn't someone say to him 'do you realise you aren't allowed to leave?'

Comment

it wasn't actually Parking Eye, it was a local firm. Does that make any difference?

Comment

If they are emebers of BPA then no.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X