• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye without prejudice offer. Advice needed please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Eye without prejudice offer. Advice needed please

Hi all, looking for some advice on a parking matter with parking eye please. I had doctors appointment 7 months ago, there was a new parking system in place where by you have enter you car reg into a terminal at reception. Anyway I get a parking charge through for using the car park. I explain to parking eye that I am a patient and send them a signed consent form so that they can confirm im a patient. 4 months later I get a letter saying I failed their appeal (they apparently didn't receive the consent form), so I lodged an appeal with popla. Popla failed the appeal because there is adequate signage to warn people to enter their car details and I then receive a letter before county court claim. I then contact the manger of the surgery and they confirm my appointment and have the fine cancelled. Now parking eye have sent me a without prejudice offer. They say that they will cancel the fine if I pay them £27. If I don't they will take it to court.They say that they want £27 because that is what they had to pay popla and that it was my fault for not providing evidence. The thing is, I did provide evidence. I sent them the signed consent form but they are claiming that they didn't receive it. Obviously I have no intention of paying them anything, What do you think? Do you think they will take it to court if I don't pay the £27? What are my chances in court? Any advice/input much appreciated.
    Tags: None

Re: Parking Eye without prejudice offer. Advice needed please

What a buddy cheek! Shall we have a collection for Parking Eye they must be destitute,I have seen some funny things happening to people on here this wins hands down

Comment

If you want my honest opinion, PE are skating on very thin ice, in the legal sense. Do you have evidence - Signed For mail - that they received it? If not, use the Interpretation Act as a fall-back option. I would put them to strict proof that they are legally-entitled to recover the POPLA fee.
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Contact the surgery again.

If the surgery are the landowner then parking Eye are up the creek without a paddle. Even if not i wouldn't pay either.

M1

Comment

I do not have any evidence that they received the consent form. I think that the surgery are the landowner, not 100% though. The surgery have told me via email that they have had the charge waivered.

Parking eye say in their without prejudice offer letter that they are "willing to accept £27 in order to cancel the charge" and if I do not pay it they will take court action. This contradicts what the surgery have said about the charge having already been waivered.

Comment

Don't pay it. Go back to the surgery and ask them to rectify things. If they can get the fine waived, they can make the £27 disappear. Please don't be pressured into paying - do you really think they will take you to court over £27?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X