• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Need help drafting a response

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help drafting a response

Hello

I have been requested to mediation and I have been asked reasons I disagree with a response to my complaint

I have done a draft but did not know if it any good or needs some tweaks, I do not really want to post on here am worried people will see it - but need help with my grammer and would be greatful for help via PM - i know generally not allowed on here PMs but I am desperate to get this right
    Tags: None

Re: Need help drafting a response

Originally posted by lostfaith View Post
    Hello

I have been requested to mediation and I have been asked reasons I disagree with a response to my complaint

I have done a draft but did not know if it any good or needs some tweaks, I do not really want to post on here am worried people will see it - but need help with my grammer and would be greatful for help via PM - i know generally not allowed on here PMs but I am desperate to get this right
    Hi Lostfaith,

I would be very happy to help with grammar, spelling, etc... but my efforts go to keeping people out of court, so I'm afraid I'm not the right person to comment on the quality of the draft.

If you want my help with the little bit I can help with, drop me a pm and we'll sort something out. I'm really sorry I can't be of more help with commenting on the quality of the content. :beagle:

Comment

Hi Again Lostfaith,

I've done the best I can with what you sent me by pm. Do you have an email I can send you what I have worked on? If I send it as a document it will keep the formatting etc... whereas this would be lost copying and pasting into a private message.

If you could pm me an email address, I'll send what I have done. Obviously as soon as I've sent it to you it will be deleted from my computer.

Thanks.

Comment

I have done a draft but did not know if it any good or needs some tweaks, I do not really want to post on here am worried people will see it - but need help with my grammar and would be greatful for help
        I have no idea what your case is about so my thoughts may be way off the mark.

One of the reasons for mediation is to try to in-formalise legal proceedings and make both sides attempt to see the dispute from the other person's point of view in the hope of reaching an understanding. It's a more emotional approach to a legal problem than the stuffy court system. So my personal feeling is that your grammar won't matter; in fact I think it may remove some of your real character from the statement if it's too correct. If you come across more perfect than you are in real life, perhaps the other party will have higher expectations of how you should have handled the situation which is in dispute, whatever it is.

Okay, that sounded a bit like a therapist talking. What I mean is there's no harm in simply being yourself

Comment

I totally agree with that Plan B. However, the draft did need some work and I believe, having seen it, the OP would benefit from having a revised copy of it. The OP will, of course, be free to vocalise their points in mediation.

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
            Hi Lostfaith,

I would be very happy to help with grammar, spelling, etc...
            You better watch out Lostfaith because Labman used to be a headmaster so you may get a D Minus for your work

Comment

Lostfaith is getting my work back, so it could be me getting the D minus!

Once I get the email address LF, I'll email the draft to you. :beagle:

Comment

Hello Labman

I have sent your PM with my email, thanks. I will not send anything until I go and use part of the witness statement, instead I kept it short in my reply today and gave reasons I have not been able to arrange it but not going to send rest and will raise it vocally and will take with me to support me

Comment

Just to update, I got two pm's yesterday when I was a little under the weather from Lostfaith. I got the email address, so returned the draft which had been slightly redrafted.

I also got a request for advice about what to do. Due to my own limitations, this was my reply:

"As regards your other pm, I honestly cannot advise, I do not know very much about court procedures at all I'm afraid. I suggest you post on your thread for help. Hopefully someone would post who knows what they're talking about."

All up to date now! Apologies for not doing so yesterday.

Comment

Not to worry Labman, hope you feel better soon - appreciate all help - I know not just to expect settlement from them due to poor service but can anyone else suggest what they do for me too - obviously if it were a former employer I'd seek a standard reference but not that, it was the litigation with poor service, deadlines missed, dates wrong and lack of communication etc - this was a personal injury claim from a former employer, where it was not advised initially what they were claiming for me, my employment claim was struck out due to not being informed they had right department etc
                    Last edited by lostfaith; 20th October 2013, 19:44:PM.

Comment

You may want to consider becoming a VIP member to keep your thread away from prying eyes and be able to see other threads. It only costs £9!

Go to settings, the third group down is 'My settings', under 'My account', the last item is paid subscriptions. Under VIP member subscription, choose one year £9 or 10 years £25. See below. :grin:

Attached Thumbnails

Comment

thanks I will look in to it

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
                          I also got a request for advice about what to do. Due to my own limitations, this was my reply:

"As regards your other pm, I honestly cannot advise, I do not know very much about court procedures at all I'm afraid. I suggest you post on your thread for help. Hopefully someone would post who knows what they're talking about."All up to date now! Apologies for not doing so yesterday.
                          In order for anyone to post, we'd need to know what the OP is talking about. I have suggested a VIP subscription to keep the posts from prying eyes if he's worried about it.

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
                            In order for anyone to post, we'd need to know what the OP is talking about. I have suggested a VIP subscription to keep the posts from prying eyes if he's worried about it.
                            Indeed. I was asked purely what to do with reference to post 1. VIP would be good for lostfaith IMO, as it would save a lot of worry for a little money. I'm certainly not the one to be asking about anything to do with court!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X