• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

urgent help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• urgent help

hi

i need some urgent help with santander. i had 100 pound overdraft. i got into some serious finicial trouble and couldnt repay it. but even tho i had reached my overdraft limit they kept making card payments to creditors etc even tho i was over my limit and have been charging me fees on top of that. my account is now 500 plus over drawn most off which is their charges. they are constantly phoning me even tho i have told them i cannot pay as i am flat broke with literally a few pounds left a week if im lucky. im on benefits and really struggling. i have asked them to close my account to stop further charges but they won't. they just keep phoning me and constantly adding more charges. i just don't know what to i don't under stand why they keep allowing payments on my card even tho the account was over its limits.

thank you for any help
    Tags: None

Re: urgent help

You need to get yourself to a FREE debt advisor. People like Payplan, StepChange, or if you want to do it yourself, an excellent resource through NEDCAB (just Google and you'll find it). They will be able to arrange for the bank to freeze charges and interest, and arrange an affordable repayment plan.

You complain they are continuing to make payments from your card to creditors; the obvious answer to this is to stop using your card.

I would suggest you go to an unrelated bank and open a basic bank account. These accounts are ideal for people in your position as they do not allow you to go overdrawn. Barclays, The Co-operative and Nationwide (among others) all offer good ones. All will have people who've had bad experiences with them, but generally, those are all reasonable, and with the exception of Nationwide come with a Debit Card.

Comment

Nationwide does come with a Debit Card

Comment

Hi
        You need to speak to Santander customer complaints not the normal call center staff there is also a contact for if you have financial difficulties maybe try them first and they will help to come to some agreement they waved my charges and I paid them back a amount I could afford and as Labman said stop using your card

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X