• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Victim of fraud..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Victim of fraud..

I have made a complaint...will write to Chief constable and our Crime and Policing Comissioner

Comment

Rob - eveything above is absolutely correct. Theft (and fraud) is not "just" a civil offence, it is a criminal offence and the police ahould be acting aggressively on this. Go to your MP and to the press and take it directly to the new Police Wallah at Dyfed/Powys http://www.dyfed-powys.pcc.police.uk...missioner.aspx who, according to his publicity, is on your side. :tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Comment

Thanks Miss FM,

I've just emailed him.

It is now reported as a crime just not through Dyfed Powys police.

Comment

Nice find Miss FM....................

Your Commissioner - Christopher Salmon

Print this Page

Christopher Salmon is the first Police and Crime Commissioner for Dyfed-Powys. He was elected by the public on November 15, 2012, and officially took up his post a week later.
          Mr Salmon, born in June 1978, was brought up near the small mid-Wales town of Presteigne, east of Llandrindod Wells, the son of a farmer. He has three younger sisters. He studied history and economics at Oxford University before spending five years as an Army officer, seeing duty in Northern Ireland, Kosovo and Iraq.
          After further studying and several years in business he stood as the Conservative candidate for Llanelli in the 2010 General Election before standing as Police and Crime Commissioner two years later. Mr Salmon lives in Llandeilo, Carmarthenshire. Away from work, he enjoys sport, travel, art and literature.
          Like all Police and Crime Commissioners, Mr Salmon has undertaken an oath to serve the people of his force area to ensure the delivery of an efficient and effective policing service.
          What Does He Do?

The Police Reform and Social Responsibility Act 2011 set out that Police Authorities would be replaced by Commissioners. Their main responsibilities include:
          • Holding the Chief Constable to account for service provision;
          • Appointing or dismissing the Chief Constable;
          • Producing a Police and Crime Plan;
          • Setting the annual Council Tax precept - the part of the Council Tax that pays for local policing services;
          • Obtaining and representing the views of communities;
          • Consulting with victims of crime;
          • Co-operating with criminal justice bodies;
          • Commissioning services;
          • Working with a wide variety of partner agencies;

The Commissioner is responsible for providing an efficient and effective criminal justice system by working with partner agencies such as the CPS. The Chief Constable retains operational independence and delivers policing services that meet the Commissioner's priorities.
          Some Key Documents Relating to Christopher Salmon

Phone 01267 226440
          Email christopher.salmon@dyfed-powys.pnn.police.uk

Originally posted by MissFM View Post
          Rob - eveything above is absolutely correct. Theft (and fraud) is not "just" a civil offence, it is a criminal offence and the police ahould be acting aggressively on this. Go to your MP and to the press and take it directly to the new Police Wallah at Dyfed/Powys http://www.dyfed-powys.pcc.police.uk...missioner.aspx who, according to his publicity, is on your side. :tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Comment

I just had a reply to my complaint. They remain of the opinion that it's non of their business.

Comment

Dyfed-Powys Police need a rocket up their rectal cavities. The matter of money being taken from an account is an offence against the account holder, not the bank. The matter of the accounts being opened, credit being obtained, etc., is a matter affecting the banks, finance companies, etc., and those matters are offences against them.

As the Chief Constable of Dyfed-Powys Police has deemed it not to be a criminal matter, this does raise questions as to what is actually going on within Dyfed-Powys Police HQ. Apart from the IPCC, try and find out who the Chief Crown Prosecutor is for your area and run the matter past them. If they consider the matter falls within the scope of the Criminal Law, see if they will insert the toe of their boot up the Chief Constable's rear end.
              Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

I'm sorry Rob but you are right and "they" (all of them) are wrong. Trying as it is, you must persist. Go to the press (Watchdog, the Ferret etc., as well as local newspapers)- go nuclear now.

Comment

Hi everyone,

We're still waiting for the bank to give us our money back, they say they're still looking in to it. Most of the searches and applications on my wifes (she was my finacee until Saturday!) have been removed and fraud alerts put on the file. However, three have refused to remove them and state they appear to be genuine. Does anyone know how we can challenge them to have them removed like the others?

Thanks for any help

Comment

Write to the ones refusing to remove, that the onus is on them to proof that the data they hold on your wife is true and accurate under the data protection act 1998 - and that publishing inaccurate data on your credit file amounts to an act of libel as well as a breach of the data protection act 1998 and they would also be liable of in financial detriment such inaccurate information holds. Send them photo copies of documents from your bank regarding the fraudulent activity and any other evidence etc.
                    Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

Just to let you know how this is going...

err..it's not going anywhere. HSBC wont tell us anything, other then "were still investigating", they wont tell us where, when nor how it went. Her bank statements just have a few days of blank on them so we can't even question a transaction. They have inferred to her that she spent it, although when challenged on when, where and how they are at best vague. Pertinent locations keep changing, from Cardiff, to Birmingham to MAnchester. They suggested she wrote a cheque on a money shop in Manchester, but when asked what the cheque number was because she has her cheque book they then said it was a card swipe, when asked where and when they said they didn't know and changed the subject.

Even harranging them on Twitter they just tell us to phone the people we've already phoned and be told the same things. HSBC are not telling us anything. we are stuck, because we can't report it to the Ombudsman until we've gone through HSBC procedures but they wont tell us what they're doing. As each day passes and CCTV images or other evidence could be lost.

We simply don't know what to do, they will not tell us anything, other than "we're still investigating". That however does not buy food for our children, pay the rent, bills, council tax or pay the charges for missed payments out of the accounts that were defrauded.

Comment

There is nothing to stop your OH asking HSBC to show her the suspect transactions and documentation relating to them. Any reluctance on HSBC's part to co-operate and I would start getting very suspicious of what HSBC are saying. Very suspicious indeed.

If your OH comes up against lack of co-operation on HSBC's part or they are evasive or obstructive, then I would be inclined to go back to Action Fraud and appraise them of this and Dyfed-Powys Police's lack of co-operation. If necessary, complain to the IPCC.

HSBC's inability to get their story straight does make me wonder if an identity thief has, in fact, plundered your OH's account or tried to obtain credit in her name. This is why it is now time to start applying pressure on HSBC to co-operate. Having investigated crimes involving personal bank accounts in the past, I do know that banks do not like the police scrutinising their records.

In the short-term, however, I would be inclined to ask HSBC to enable the payment of essential bills and cover you for any charges and losses.

Comment

Deleted

Comment

Morning all,

As Bluebottle says, What a complete shambles......

It is a serious crime that has been committed by (at this stage) 'person or persons unknown.'

Speaking as an ex-PC I am sorry that you have been told such a lot of old......

Obviously as BB says you must have been speaking initially to the cleaning lady/man!!

Make sure you get to see a 'proper' police officer (not a PCSO....sorry but this has to go the right route now, not next week!)

A real' police officer will carry id confirming that fact - MAKE SURE YOU SEE IT, AND MAKE A NOTE OF THE NUMBER ON THE ID. A proper police officer will not mind in the slightest, and should ideally offer their to show you their ID to start with.

Sometimes I am sorry I was ever a policeman....

I also strongly recommend writing to the Chief Constable and telling him/her exactly what sort of answers you have had from the staff that you have spoken to.....

Best wishes

Dougal

Comment

Originally posted by Dougal16T View Post
                              Morning all,

As Bluebottle says, What a complete shambles......

It is a serious crime that has been committed by (at this stage) 'person or persons unknown.'

Speaking as an ex-PC I am sorry that you have been told such a lot of old......

Obviously as BB says you must have been speaking initially to the cleaning lady/man!!

Make sure you get to see a 'proper' police officer (not a PCSO....sorry but this has to go the right route now, not next week!)

A real' police officer will carry id confirming that fact - MAKE SURE YOU SEE IT, AND MAKE A NOTE OF THE NUMBER ON THE ID. A proper police officer will not mind in the slightest, and should ideally offer their to show you their ID to start with.

Sometimes I am sorry I was ever a policeman....

I also strongly recommend writing to the Chief Constable and telling him/her exactly what sort of answers you have had from the staff that you have spoken to.....

Best wishes

Dougal
                              You are not alone, Dougal. When you've had neighbours knocking on your door, asking you to help them give an unco-operative motor insurer a kick up the arse or tell DVLA's numpty clamping contractors to move off in short, sharp, jerky movements because they've got it wrong or won't produce ID, as one tried to do and got a blasting from the local plods, you do wish you hadn't held the office of constable.

Comment

I had a reply to my complaint to the police and crime comissioner the other day.

they tell me that 'thier officers are trained in the new legislation to infomr victims of fraud to report the matter to Action fraud.'

which is interesting as three of thier their staff tell me there is nothing they can do, two on the phone say its a civil matter and the reply to my complaint to thier Ops room the person quite impassionatly tells me thier two operators are right.

this clearly contradicts what the Ops room inspector told the Police and crime Comissioner. At the time i contacted the comissioner i hadn't received a reply from my complaint to the cops. The comissioner also gives me the details to report the rubbish reply to the professional stanadards dept.

ill be doing that shortly.

as for HSBC..still nothing from them

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X