• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Orange still charging for contract

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange still charging for contract

Hello Everyone, I was wondering if you could help us. My Mrs had a contract from orange which was finishing in May 2013. My wife wasnt happy with the reception and on the 7th of April she had to call 999 for ambulance as her friend next door was close to delivering a baby. The reception was really bad and the phone kept on disconnecting so i had to give her my phone. That was the final nail in the coffin and we called orange that day and gave our 30 days notice and asked them to change that number to pay as you go. In may i got her a new contract on 3 and didnt bother cancelling the direct debit. The orange kept on taking money from direct debit and when it did not stop for 2 more months i actually cancelled the direct debit. We had a letter from orange before asking us for the money to which we called orange and told them that we actually cancelled our contract and we havent even used the phone since than. The woman checked on the system and told us that she can see the phone wasnt used and she would put the money back in our account for the 2 months we havent used the phone. She also explained that it had something to do with some kind of PAC code(not sure). We never got any money back from them and today we have received a letter asking for £46.89. I checked my online banking and the last 3 payments are as follows.

15 May 13 ORANGE 56144400/943909568 DD 36.31 (this should ave been the last bill)
    17 Jun 13 ORANGE 56144400/956566014 DD 32.72
    15 Jul 13 ORANGE 56144400/969069238 DD 32.72

I was wondering if any of you could help us.
    Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Orange still charging for contract

Can anyone please tell us what our options are?
    Thanks

Comment

hi sorry for your wait, but youve come to the right place.
      This is right up my alley, ok so you have given your notice and disconnected from Orange but they are continuing to charge you.. I firstly suggest you ring them and raise cain!! Make sure they give you the date and time of your call to disconnect and that they have processed a refund application with you on the phone. Ask them to give you the unique call reference number for the call you make, and insist you have written proof that the line is now disconnected.

If they seem reluctant, ask for the name and extension number of the advisor you are speaking to, and say you will do a direct debit indemnity claim with their name and extension as a reference.

Also, I would take this to the higher escalations office, and advise them they are in breach of DPA for keeping your bank details active after the disconnection of the account.

See.. right up my alley lovey

Comment

Ok, here it goes. I called Orange on the 21st of October and spoke to someone, I have taken there name and I.D. Number and he assured me that i will £65.44 within 15 days. Its now over 15 days time and i was wondering what course of action should i take. BTW Hurricane Puffrose, you do know your stuff

Comment

Similar kind of problem with me but a little more extreme.
          I cancelled my phone contract in May 2013, left the country came back to a bill of £161.
          All 3 phones had not been cancelled. The reason for this was that I asked for them to go pay as you go so I could keep my number. They said as you didn't register the sim, the contract just continued to charge me!

Please make sure if you decide to go pay as you go after your contract ends, please register your sim otherwise you'll face further bills.

This is shocking and I was infuriated. I chalked this up to experience and paid the £161.
          I got confirmation over the phone that all 3 lines were shut off, cancelled terminated!
          6 months later I return from my travelled to see I have a £398 bill and debt collectors were involved.

I called them in an outrage, they literally had no idea why the phones were still active, they said "I can see a note that you requested termination of the contracts" so why wasn't it cancelled then?

I am just awaiting a call from the manager of the customer services to hopefully sort this mess out.

Ultimately this is the worst customer experience I have ever had, I have been a customer since I was 13 (17 years of loyalty), my reward- incompetent staff that can't fulfil simple but very important tasks that can affect your credit history and and lead to debt collectors.

0 star rating - a very disappointed, once loyal customer.

Comment

Ok so some of you might think why the old thread has come back in front and might think about slapping me but hold your horses

I am here as this is getting a bit complicated. As i never received any cheque from orange i went with direct debit indemnity and got my money back from Orange amounting to £65.44.
            Now today I have received a letter from Orange this morning saying that orange has sold the debt to Lowell Portfolio I and i owe them £65.44. Now keep in mind that i never received any letter asking me for payment from Orange after i did direct debit indemnity. So this is the first i am hearing. I called orange and they said that because its been so long, they havent got no information on the system other than that 2 cheques were issued in march 2014 with amounts of 31.64 and 33.79. They gave me the cheque number and said that they have been cashed but we NEVER received any cheques. So i was wondering if you could advice me on what course of action should i take from here.
            Thankyou.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X