• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking eye question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking eye question

Hi,

i have just had a letter through the door. Saying I was parked in a car park over the free time of 2hrs, they said I was parked over the limit by 23mins.
    The fine says I owe them £100 or £60 if paid by the 23/10.
    i have googled parking eye and a lot of people say to ignore the letter and any subsequent letters and they'll leave you alone. Is this the case?
    As I have seen on the letter about an 2012 act that states they can claim the money from the owner of the car.

Please can someone point me in the right direction.

thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Parking eye question

Do not ignore.

Write an appeal to parking eye.

My appeal would be short and sweet.

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered Keeper, wish to invoke your appeals process. The charges are penal and not a genuine pre estimate of loss. No signage was seen and no contract was entered in to.

Yours etc.

Await them telling you that you must pay or indeed must name the driver (err don't think so). Once you get your popla code when your appeal is refused then you can do a decent popla appeal such as http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ter&highlight= which should get rid of them.

If you can get a pic of the signage it'll not go to waste either.

M1

Comment

Great Thankyou for the advice, do u think I will have to pay after the appeal or will they leave me alone??

Comment

Also, what does the protection of freedoms act 2012 mean?

Comment

They will only leave you alone when you win at popla. You should have nothing to pay when we're done.

Have a read http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ep-Parking-eye

M1

Comment

Originally posted by Jessie23 View Post
            Great Thankyou for the advice, do u think I will have to pay after the appeal or will they leave me alone??

Also check that they have sent the notice within the valid time!

If they are sending to you as the registered keeper, they must send the notice WITHIN 14 days beginning on the day after the parking.

Have they done that?

What date is on the letter? is it very close to the expiry of the 14 days? A letter is deemed to have been delivered two working days after the date of sending. So if the letter is dated the Monday 1st, the letter would have been deemed to have been delivered on Wednesday for example. (this is very handy around if it's around a weekend, as I found to my benefit!!)

Comment

Hi,

so do most people win their popla appeals? Is it worth fighting?

the date of the parking is 5/10/13 and the date the letter was issued was 9/10/13

Comment

ah you're well within time then

You NEED to follow Mystery1's advice to be honest. They ARE pursuing these at the moment. The advice is no longer ignore these letters!

Comment

So do people win the popla appeals?

Comment

Originally posted by Jessie23 View Post
                    Hi,

so do most people win their popla appeals? Is it worth fighting?

the date of the parking is 5/10/13 and the date the letter was issued was 9/10/13

Pretty much all people who include certain points win.

Pretty much all people who appeal with a sob story lose.

M1

Comment

What certain points do I need to include?

Comment

See the 2 links i posted already. At present the main one is genuine pre estimate of loss.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...67&postcount=2

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X