• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hi to all and help required re Stat Demand

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi to all and help required re Stat Demand

The wife has received a stat demand over a old Monument account.
    Now the debt is statue barred and fortunately we can prove it as I have all the old paperwork, Lowell the company ignored my stat barred letter even though I have the delivered time date and signature of the accepting person.

Can anyone advise on a course of action

Many thanks.
    Tags: None

Re: Hi to all and help required re Stat Demand

Hi and welcome to LegalBeagles......Celestine (Site Owner) has a great track record re Stat Demands,,,PM her,,I'm sure she'l know whats best to do

Comment

Re: Hi to all and help required re Stat Demand

When was the last acknowledgment of the debt ? (just to check) and when was the last time you made payment. Does anything show on your credit file?
      We have heard of creditors 'inventing' payments made 'coincindentally' just prior to the debt becoming stat barred.
      Good news you have sent a stat barred letter (if you can post up a copy of what you sent that might be of help - depersonalise iit before posting) and have evidence of it being received by Lowells.
      Approx how much is the SD for?

You need to apply to have the Stat Demand set aside within 18 days of service of the SD.

More info on Statutory Demands http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...few-strategies and links to forms needed are on there.

You can also have a read here http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/showthread.php?41309-Statutory-Demands-READ-HERE
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X