• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Arrow Global/Shoosmiths

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrow Global/Shoosmiths

Well after Wescot stop collecting on a debt for Arrow global 6 months ago I have recieved 2 letters this morning .
    one from Arrow stating they have instructed Shoosmiths to collect ,then one from Shoosmiths asking me to call
    them to arrange a payment plan or a reduced settlement balance
    Has anyone had dealings with Shoosmiths and should I get in touch now can only offer them same as before with
    Wescott or should a prove it go to them
    Tags: None

Re: What a surprise not !

Mmm got one myself that was first "sold" to Wescott, then got a letter from Arrow Global saying they had bought it but to contact Wescott!
    Been almost two years now but still have not "proved" a thing!
    Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Hi Dogtired
      Its always a difficult one had a problem with Monument Capquest were chasing but according to Monument they had never told them to collect its very confusing

Comment

Shoesmiths are a very large firm of solicitors. Funny enough my o/h received a letter from Arrow Global just this week, unfortunately for them the debt is well out of time and prior to that it was with Wescot. He heard nothing for years and years and suddenly a letter out of the blue. This was an old Goldfish account and must be at least 10 years with no payments made or communications. So they can go and sing......as it is not even on his credit file anymore. They must have purchased it for £1 and trying to make a quick quid or two. Goldfish stopped trading many years ago. Hubby even through the file away because it was old and he would not have done that if it were still current.

Firstly, Arrow Global have to prove that the debt has been assigned properly by the original company and that they must also be able to provide you with all the necessary paperwork to prove that they can chase for this debt.

Comment

Originally posted by winner12 View Post
          Well after Wescot stop collecting on a debt for Arrow global 6 months ago I have recieved 2 letters this morning .
          one from Arrow stating they have instructed Shoosmiths to collect ,then one from Shoosmiths asking me to call
          them to arrange a payment plan
          or a reduced settlement balance
          Has anyone had dealings with Shoosmiths and should I get in touch now can only offer them same as before with
          Wescott or should a prove it go to them
          First of all, don't call them! :nono: Keep everything in writing.

If it was me, I'd be sending them a CCA request, a prove it letter doesn't have the same legal standing and should really only be used when someone contacts you out of the blue for a debt you know nothing about. The reason for that is that not all debts are covered by the CCA, they can be contacting you about a mobile contract, utility bill, services provided, etc. When you know the debt is for a loan, credit card or catalog account, I'd say a CCA request is the way to go. :thumb:

Comment

Re: Arrow Global/Shoemiths

I may have posted this on one of your other threads, can't remember now (I post a lot! :typing, but this is the CCA request letter, which should be send recorded delivery with a £1 PO and signed using a computer font rather than your real signature.

Dear Sirs,

Account or Reference No.:

I hereby formally request a copy of my Consumer Credit Agreement, pursuant to s.77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (CCA1974).I require you to provide me with a true copy, or reconstituted copy of the credit agreement relating to any account you deem to be mine, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide. I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit (12 + 2 days).

If it is your view that you are not the creditor, s.175 of the CCA1974 applies in the case of a simple assignment, and places a duty upon you to pass this request to the creditor. In the case of an absolute assignment, you are a creditor as defined by s.189. If you contend that you purchased the rights but not the duties of any agreement, you are reminded that s.189 of the Act is clear that an assignment is of both rights and duties. Your attention is drawn to ss.5(2), 3(b), 6 and 7 of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPUTR).​

In line with recent OFT Guidance (issued Oct 2010) surrounding Unenforceability, I presume you're aware that the OFT has stipulated that 'sections 77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 outline the information creditors must provide to debtors under fixed-term, running account & Hire Agreements'. This simply means that under these sections a debtor can pay £1 to get:
            • a copy of their agreement
            • copies of some of the other documents mentioned in their agreement
            • a statement of account

If this information is not provided within 12 working days the debt becomes unenforceable. This means a creditor cannot:
            • make the debtor pay the debt before they're supposed to
            • get a court judgment against the debtor

So, in line with the OFT Guidance, and the Consumer Credit Act, please find attached my £1 payment, which is the statutory fee - note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose..

Yours faithfully,

Comment

Originally posted by winner12 View Post
              Thanks FP once again
              Does the CCA request go to Shoosmiths or Arrow
              Sorry, winner, looks like there was a glitch and the posts got moved and merged. Everything should be fine new.

I'd send the CCA request to Shoosmiths as they are chasing you, they'll have to go back to Arrow who in turn will have to go back to the original lender, which means no chance of them replying within the 14 days, but that's OK, because the intention is to cover yourself and be able to dispute the account when they don't comply. :thumb:

Comment

Winner I moved you post What a surprise not ! to a new thread called Arrow Global/Shoesmiths... to the debt collectors forum because it was in Debt and Claims management section. More peeps will be able to find you here.

Comment

Thanks Tuttsi
                  Glad you knew where the post needed to go I will send off the CCA got 3 more to do too and will be in touch with their replys
                  A big thanks to everyone for their help

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X