• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye tickets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Eye tickets

Hi there. Im new to this forum & have a question about a ticket I received after parking for a few hours more than what I should of at an Aldi car park. I was in a rush on the way to a meeting so didnt notice the parking eye signs until I returned to the car a few hours later than the allowed time. Sure enough I had a letter in the post with a fee of £70 but reduced to £40 if I paid within 14 days. I have now received a reminder letter about the discounted price of £40. After reading through a lot of the threads it seems I should just ignore the letters? Im sorry to ask the same question as everyone else but is that the case? Should I just ignore, ignore, ignore??? Thank you
    Tags: None

Re: Parking Eye tickets

Hi, and welcome to LB. I'm glad you did ask, cos the answer is a very definite no! Do not just ignore, ignore, ignore.

Write an appeal to Parking Eye, very short.

Dear Sir,

Re: Ticket No. abcd1234

I wish to appeal the above ticket because I did not see the signs.

Please cancel the ticket. Should you decide not to uphold my appeal, please supply me with a POPLA code in order that I can appeal to them.

Yours faithfully,

Your appeal will be rejected, then put in a proper appeal to POPLA along these lines. (LINK)

Comment

Hi Labman. Thank you so much for your reply & Im also very happy I asked as well lol!! Could you let me know what happens after I said that letter please?

I also have another incident which happened start of Sept 2013 (Im having some current bad luck with parking tickets at the mo :/)

I parked in a Kwik Fit car park about 10pm monitored by UKPC. I went to the cinema & returned approx 2hrs to 2 & a half hrs later to find a ticket on my windscreen from UKPC. Now the sign in this instance had been ripped off the wall where it should of been on the pillar next to my car. There were other signs around the car park which again I didnt see until I found my ticket & looked around. The ticket said I have a fine of £100 but will have it reduced to £60 if I pay within 14 days. Ive not paid this ticket as took advice reading forums saying to ignore this ticket which I have done. Ive still not heard anything back from them so should I continue to ignore as the ticket is different to my Parking Eye ticket or should I take the same advice you have given me for the Parking Eye ticket? Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Orangebanana View Post
        Hi Labman. Thank you so much for your reply & Im also very happy I asked as well lol!! Could you let me know what happens after I said that letter please?
        Much as I said in post 2 really, I'm not sure what I can add. As long as you are guided by advice on here, your appeal to POPLA is likely to succeed, and that will be it. You do the same with the new 'ticket.' Obviously we can't make any guarantees to you, but at present, if we make a big issue of the genuine pre-estimate of loss angle, then the appeal is likely to be successful.

Can you get a photograph of the missing sign where you parked?

Comment

Originally posted by Orangebanana View Post
          Ive not paid this ticket as took advice reading forums saying to ignore this ticket which I have done. Ive still not heard anything back from them so should I continue to ignore as the ticket is different to my Parking Eye ticket or should I take the same advice you have given me for the Parking Eye ticket? Thank you

It is possible to ignore them and not go to court but it is much easier and less aggro to appeal and then usually appeal to popla and get it cancelled.

If you ignore it they have up to 6 years to start court action so you really don't get a final all clear for a long time.

If you can appeal then do so.

M1

Comment

Hi there guys. I just wanted to say a big thank you for all your advice. I've had BOTH appeals accepted

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X