• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Welcome Finance Court Letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome Finance Court Letter

Hello,

I took out a loan way back in 2006 with Welcome lost my job and fell behind on the payments

The loan was for £2000

I restructured the £2000 to be paid over 5 years at a lower monthly rate in 2009 but once again during this period I got made redundant and was unable to maintain payments.

Today I received a letter from Northampton Court making me aware of action with a payment claim of £3800.

Including 8% interest and charges

I want to resolve this but £3800 seems like a crazy amount I want to avoid a CCJ what are my options.
    Tags: None

Re: Welcome Finance Court Letter

Have you had anything else from Welcome?
    Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

The usual statements and a previous letter from a 3rd party to advise me of potential legal action.

Comment

Have you tried a CCA?
        It may also be useful to post up a copy of the letter you received ( remove your details) then hopefuly someone who knows more than me can help!
        Have they put a date on this court order, you wont be able to telephone them until Monday ., will also bump this in the hope that someone will respond with more detail.
        Last edited by dogtired; 5th October 2013, 04:04:AM. Reason: adding content

Comment

:bump:

Comment

:bump:

Comment

Hi fitzy-debt, & welcome to Legal Beagles.

Was this a court claim?

If so, please read http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...m-what-do-I-do (with thanks to Amethyst).

It would be advantageous if, as dt has mentioned, you could post up the correspondence that you have received - blank out all personal details, but please do not deface the original letter/claim form.
              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
              gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy-debt View Post
                Today I received a letter from Northampton Court making me aware of action with a payment claim of £3800.

Including 8% interest and charges

I want to resolve this but £3800 seems like a crazy amount I want to avoid a CCJ what are my options.
                You posted this a few days ago and I can see no more replies from you. Bear in mind you have 14 days to acknowledge the claim (which you can do online) and state your intention to defend in full. Failure to do so will result in default judgment against you (a CCJ). The clock is ticking!

Could you scan and post the particulars of claim after removing all your personal details?

Any more information you could provide us with would be useful. Did you ever request a copy of your credit agreement? Did you receive a default notice?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X