• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Hours change

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hours change

Hi,
    My boss has announced that they want to change my shift from 8am to 5pm to 12pm-9pm one week in every three.
    I have been on my 8-5 for 2.5 years exactly.
    It states in my contract that I should be flexible in my working hours and prepared to work unsociable hours. I do often work overtime for time in leiu. It's not uncommon for me to work an extra 4 hours per week.
    I am looking for other work as I am unhappy here. I was only given a pay review in my second year which was only carried out by one part of the company despite my contract being split between two parts.
    My boss also swore at me in a text message, didn't punish another staff member when they threatned me (I have a recording of this as was being bullied very badly at the time). He also keeps asking me if I'm looking for another job.....he has tried to get rid of me twice as he wants to employ his friends and family as he usually does. It's all been rather bad since I compained about the way we do certain things in a team meeting.
    I want to keep my job until I find another but don't want to accept this change in shift without some sort of recompense as I already carry out many tasks which are out side of my contract and for which other staff get paid for but I am only given hours in leiu.

Any advice?

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Hours change

Originally posted by bobbob View Post
    Hi,
    My boss has announced that they want to change my shift from 8am to 5pm to 12pm-9pm one week in every three.
    I have been on my 8-5 for 2.5 years exactly.
    It states in my contract that I should be flexible in my working hours and prepared to work unsociable hours. I do often work overtime for time in leiu. It's not uncommon for me to work an extra 4 hours per week.
    I am looking for other work as I am unhappy here. I was only given a pay review in my second year which was only carried out by one part of the company despite my contract being split between two parts.
    My boss also swore at me in a text message, didn't punish another staff member when they threatned me (I have a recording of this as was being bullied very badly at the time). He also keeps asking me if I'm looking for another job.....he has tried to get rid of me twice as he wants to employ his friends and family as he usually does. It's all been rather bad since I compained about the way we do certain things in a team meeting.
    I want to keep my job until I find another but don't want to accept this change in shift without some sort of recompense as I already carry out many tasks which are out side of my contract and for which other staff get paid for but I am only given hours in leiu.

Any advice?

Thanks
    Hi And

I'm no expert, but with regard to changing your contracted hours....I believe a company can do this but must give you a certain period of notice prior to changing them. Have they done this, when are you expected to start? Is it only you that is having your contracted hours changed? Have they given a reason at all? (not that I think they have to) It might be an idea to check the terms, i.e. will you be getting paid overtime for the unsocial hours (9pm finish)

With regard to the swearing and bulling that is a separate issue which I believe someone with more knowledge than me will be able to advise you on.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X