• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Close Motor Finance - VT - Advice Needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Close Motor Finance - VT - Advice Needed

Hi.... I've sent my letter using the template to Close Motor Finance to do a VT. They have been in touch and advised on the following which I wanted some advice on.

1) My template letter advising them of my VT arrived last Friday (tracked and signed for). I obviously put in there the bit about 14 days notice. They have said that as the next payment is the 3rd of November, I need to pay that as they cannot take the car back before the payment due date.
    2) They have sent me a "pack" out which I need to fill in and sign before they can proceed any further. She said I had to confirm details such as MOT, TAX, Accident Damage etc.
    3) They either want me to pay £125 to have it collected, or for me to drop to an auction house in Leeds - 2 hours away from me.

Any assistance gratefully received.

Cheers

Jon
    Tags: None

Re: Close Motor Finance - VT - Advice Needed

I've replied on your other thread. Hang on ........

Hi.... I've sent my letter using the template to Close Motor Finance to do a VT. They have been in touch and advised on the following which I wanted some advice on.

1) My template letter advising them of my VT arrived last Friday (tracked and signed for). I obviously put in there the bit about 14 days notice. They have said that as the next payment is the 3rd of November, I need to pay that as they cannot take the car back before the payment due date. Not your problem. You will have no live agreement with them then.
    2) They have sent me a "pack" out which I need to fill in and sign before they can proceed any further. She said I had to confirm details such as MOT, TAX, Accident Damage etc. No harm in completing this honestly, but remember fair wear and tear is allowed for.
    3) They either want me to pay £125 to have it collected, or for me to drop to an auction house in Leeds - 2 hours away from me. Don't pay and tell them 2 hours is too far away. If their garage is local, take it there and leave the keys with them. Make sure you get a photograph of your vehicle as it is when you leave it, with that day's newspaper in it. Alternatively tell them they are welcome to collect it, but you will not be paying. If they leave it for too long, send them a breakdown of weekly storage costs you'll be charging them (they won't pay them, but it will feel good!)
    Probably best to keep it on here so it's on its own thread.

Comment

I got the date wrong in point 1. The next payment is due tomorrow. I assume I need to let this go through.

Cheers

Jon

Comment

That depends on whether the agreement has actually terminated or not. If terminated, cancel the payment; if not terminated make the payment. :beagle:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X