• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

question about ccj

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about ccj

Hi all,

Just a quick question...if a dca a is sending letters re: very old debt well over 6 years, but may have had a ccj at somepoint (not sure) can you still send a statute barred letter and are they then obliged to inform you of it and supply evidence such as paperwork before you agree to anything?

Your advice would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.
    Tags: None

Re: question about ccj

CCJ's are never SB but if the CCJ is over 6 years itself then they may have a very hard time convincing a Court to begin enforcement.

Comment

[QUOTE=ploddertom;375352]CCJ's are never SB but if the CCJ is over 6 years itself then they may have a very hard time convincing a Court to begin enforcement.

Thank you for your response.

The reason I ask is because I have a debt which is roughly 12 years old, sounds stupid but I think it had a ccj. I know it has been with a few different dca but in that time with each one I quoted statue barred and was left alone. This was when I didn't realise sb didn't count on ccjs. Was left alone and thought nothing of it.
      Now checking my credit file I have noticed an accessi've amount of searches done by lowell and received a letter from uncle Brian a few weeks ago asking me to confirm my address but not stating what it's regarding.
      I moved in 2010 3 times.
      So I thought maybe this is the debt they might be contacting me about. I haven't yet responded. Not sure if they even know about ccj as I'm sure it's sold.
      I'm just unsure what to do, I don't want sd served or bailiff at my house. It's my aunts place.
      Any thoughts and advice would be much appreciated.
      Thank you

Comment

Is the debt you are thinking of listed on your credit report?

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
          Is the debt you are thinking of listed on your credit report?
          Thanks so much for getting back to me.

No it's not listed on my credit report, I've got a clean report.

Any thoughts on my approach?

Thank you again

Comment

Originally posted by strong123 View Post
            Thanks so much for getting back to me.

No it's not listed on my credit report, I've got a clean report.

Any thoughts on my approach?

Thank you again
            Sorry, to be clear ccj would have been issued roughly 2003. The reason I'm unsure is because I can't recall if I filled out ccj forms offering a certain amount after threat of ccj or one of the dca forms as to why I could only afford the monthly amount I was offering....I can't even remember what happened yesterday let alone 12/13 years ago.
            Sorry just wanted to clarify.
            Thanks again

Comment

In that case it has dropped off the radar and they can only politely ask you to pay it. If it were me I would just as politely ignore them and see what they try to do.

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
                In that case it has dropped off the radar and they can only politely ask you to pay it. If it were me I would just as politely ignore them and see what they try to do.
                Thank you very much...one last question, as bc has contacted me do you not think a statute barred letter? I just don't want any repercussions...
                I did read on hear that you must tell a dca statute barred....maybe it would force their hand to inform me of anything they may or may not have I.e. paperwork.
                I'm at a stage in my life where I really can't afford anything creeping up on me later on. And to be fare nothing stops bc from doing things he shouldn't.
                Thanks again and sorry for going on.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X