• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

hi there legalbeagles... ccj probpems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi there legalbeagles... ccj probpems

Hi there everyone hoping for some help...

Stressed newbie here....

I have recieved a letter from debt recovery company called TBI, stating I now owe them £2060.03 for a judgement debt from oct 2000,*I phoned TBI and requested info they had, they sent me a copy of original signed credit agrement with imperial finance (unsecured loan of £1500) and a copy of the judgement from the courts..

I then recieved a letter from David Jones solicitors stating they would now have to do a enforcement of the judgement debt by applying for a charging order against my interest in my house...

I have not had any correspondence from anyone about this debt and was not aware of the ccj until this month.Could someone please help on what rights I have to stop them doing this and what rights they actually have?*I can not afford to pay the money and I am very worried...

Thankyou in advance
    Tags: None

Re: hi there legalbeagles... ccj probpems

You can apply to have the judgment set aside using this form:

http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.u...s/n244-eng.pdf

The court are not under any obligation to set aside a judgment because you received no court papers, if they can prove the papers were sent to your last known address.

Have a read of the following:

http://www.bdl.org.uk/images/12_EW_N...ty%20court.pdf

Comment

The CCJ is so old it will have dropped off your Credit File. They would have to have a very good excuse to enforce this now and I imagine are just doing this to frighten you.

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
        The CCJ is so old it will have dropped off your Credit File. They would have to have a very good excuse to enforce this now and I imagine are just doing this to frighten you.
        Yes, I had not fully taken notice of the date. A CO would be highly unlikely anyway - it is the lower life DCA's that try to go straight for Charging Orders to secure a CCJ.

Comment

Thankyou all for your quick replies....

Just one last question...

What should I do about the CCJ and the DCA?

See if I can set aside due to time? And should i Ignore the company or send them a letter of some kind if so what should I say?

Thankyou again in advance

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X