• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Dwf

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dwf

Thank you clever clogs !! Was thinking about going bank rupt but worried about a few things. Do you know anything about this??? Me and my husband were going to do it as we have both got debt due to past relationships, he works full time and I have worked all my life but unfortunately I had to give up work in 2004 due to out daughter being born with extreme congenital heart disease,and my husband got made redundant this is why we were no longer able to keep up repayments! Until my husband got another job and we tried again to get it all sorted but my loss of earnings were just to much and it cost a small fortune every time our daughter needed surgery . So now things just keep coming up, some are with debt collectors others obviously have gone to real law firms and now were in this mess!! Going bank rupt seems like our only solution!

Comment

PLEASE don't despair you are not the first or the last to be in what you call a mess its only money the 2 of you and your children are more important .No one will be going to prison and you may not need to go bankrupt take the advice others on here will give and get more and with this help you can get this sorted its not the end of the world you WILL come through it all

Comment

Apparently dwf said that the court sent papers to me! But I have never received anything from the court?? She told I am responsible for my mail, at wish point laughed and said " so I am responsible for mail that I didn't even know had been posted to me? She then said " well you need to take that up with your post office" in which I replied " I'm sure I'm going to complain to the post office what shall I say I think I may not receiving mail I'm not expecting!!! I think they will think I'm crazy ! She couldn't answer to that !! It was a ridiculous!!! But she still suck to her guns and said there is nothing she could do as the court are expecting me on the set date in January !!

Comment

Originally posted by Rie1234 View Post
          I have spoke to dwf and they are a law company they said
          And Tesco runs a grocer's shop.

http://www.thelawyer.com/analysis/ma...001962.article

Comment

Thank you so much wales01man that's very kind words, it's so difficult and unsettling especially when my oldest daughter needs so much care and all the hospital appointments the hospital is our second home! The last thing we need is this crazy ness. We even tried an IVA and we were doing great until we started our second year into it and they put up the instalments by another £200 pm which took it up to £500 so again we couldn't manage and had to cancel, it's not like we haven't tried to pay it back, both of us have always worked and paid our way and I feel guilty that we can't pay it back !! What other options do we have bar going bank rupt ??? Thank you again for your kind words :tinysmile_grin_t:

Comment

You do make me smile clever clogs !!! :grin:�� lol

Comment

But she still suck to her guns and said there is nothing she could do as the court are expecting me on the set date in January !!
                She - whoever she might be - is evidently either grossly misinformed or else a bare-faced liar.

DWF, like all other law firms, could simply discontinue the action.

As has been seen so often on this site, the more aggressively a law firm follows a claim, the shakier its case may be.

Stop telephoning DWF. They'll only deny everything you said unless you've recorded the call and it only gives them the chance to worry you further.

Keep everything in writing. If they call you, tell them to write to you, then hang up.

Comment

Ok I will do that as they call probably 3 to 4 time a day! Although strangely enough after I spoke to her yesterday I have had no calls today, maybe it's due to me asking her if she would pick my disabled daughter up from school at 12 and sit with her on the court date as no one else wants the responsibility and as it's at 11.30 I won't be able to take care of her!! With that and the convo about the mail I think she was unsure what to say!! I then said actually I think I will go to prison for a brake or I might just top myself! I was just so angry that she couldn't or more likely wouldn't help me .

Comment

Ok I will do that as they call probably 3 to 4 time a day!
                    Really?

One would surely have hoped that at least one person in a legal conglomerate as large as DWF had heard of the Protection from Harassment Act 1997 (link).

That course of action alone may seem to suggest that their case is rather weak. Keep a diary of the dates and times they call.

Comment

Also look at this (link) for inspiration. :rofl:

Comment

nudge for [MENTION=7]Tools[/MENTION]
                        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

sorry to bother you but dont know where to turn I suffer from mental health and one evening I took drink from asda without paying I cant even remember doing it and I dont drink but must of happened. as two to three weeks a received a lettwr saying I had to pay security costs for asda of 125.00 Ive been getting flash backs. It happened. But I told the security guy I suffered from severe a depression anxiety and bordline personaliy disorder and panic. He said that I would be banned from asda and that was it, police wasnt called.
                          Then I get a letter then I received this other one saying the demand this money, but I read online to contact you. As was really low when this had happened and prepared to pay when they get paid to do there job.
                          from me
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by debski69er; 8th February 2015, 09:33:AM.

Comment

I wrote to company as I didnt know what to do spoke cab through email and they said to explaine so I did
                            So I contact dwf
                            SIDM\D0508040
                            Sidra.meraj@dwf.co.uk
                            deny liability for the amount being claimed
                            I am writing to you as your claiming amount of 125.00 for security cost. When already security has told me that I was banned and nothing else would come of it. When the incident happened it was out of confusion. I suffer from depression bordeline personality disorder, anxiety and panic. When the incident happened I was really low and confused. I do not even drink. In confusion i had drink, but I told the security officer this and because of the state I was told, this would be the end of the matter. I should not come back into asda which I have not. I dont see why I would be liable when security are paid their wages from asda store. Contact cab office and the gave me advice over email to write to you to explain this.

Comment

Got this in reply

In response to your email below, the security guards based within the store are there to protect members of the public.

Whenever somebody is apprehended within Asda's store attempted to leave without making payment for goods or damaging goods, £125 becomes due and payable for the security costs. The £125 due to Asda Stores Limited is to cover the cost of dealing with the whole incident, this includes your apprehension, reporting, the administration side of reviewing and compiling evidence for submission and the number of Asda employees prevented from attending to their day to day tasks.

My Client are legally entitled to recover for their losses and in this case our Client has decided to charge the standard rate of £125 for this incident. Asda Stores Limited are under no legal obligation to notify you further action may be taken, however when the banning order was issued it clearly states that future criminal or civil recovery proceedings may be issued against you.

I would trust this clarifies the matter for you. Therefore, please advice of your repayment intentions.

Kind regards

Sidra Meraj Junior Paralegal
                              Litigation, Finance Litigation
                              Last edited by debski69er; 8th February 2015, 09:33:AM.

Comment

Hi Debs, glad you managed to post eventually, can I ask anyone that is able to assist all they can on this one please.
                                Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X