• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

The 'phone call

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 'phone call

I received a call this morning - went a bit like this

Them - "Could I speak to XXX please"
    Me -"Can I ask who's calling, please?"
    Them - "My name is YYYY"
    Me - "& what company are you from?"
    Them - "Not allowed to tell you that - Data protection"
    Me - "I don't think that's the case - what company, please?"
    Them - "Can't tell you - company policy"
    Me - "It might be company policy, but it ain't law; you're not revealing any personal data by telling me who you work for, are you?"
    Them - It's company policy"
    Me - "OK then - my policy - goodbye"
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick
    Tags: None

Re: The 'phone call

You were that polite??

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
      You were that polite??
      Oh yes, I was brought up in Eton.

(or eaten & brought up!)

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Mind you, knowing my luck it was probably someone informing us that we were the lucky winners of a shedfull of dosh.

They've now gone to the next on the list!
        CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

I went to Eton once it was a mess

Comment

Nahhhhh he wanted to sell you a scam of some sorts, why would he not tell you who he worked for.

I was reading a link to a post that Clever Clogs had posted up- don't ask where now from MSE site which was about debt collectors call and this thread had me totally in stitches, I had only read 4 pages and I had laughed so much my stomach was hurting.

Anyway if they are trying sell you something it does not give you confidence to trade with them so it is more than likely a call centre, the person who called you was probably new and did not know what to say about the company he worked for as it was not on his agenda as to what to say to you.

They will call back, so look forward to round two of your exchanges with this company whoever they are.

Comment

Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post
              I was reading a link to a post that Clever Clogs had posted up- don't ask where now from MSE site which was about debt collectors call and this thread had me totally in stitches, I had only read 4 pages and I had laughed so much my stomach was hurting.
              Here >>>> Having fun with debitas

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X