• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye - Parking Charge Notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Eye - Parking Charge Notice

I've noticed you seem to have a lot of useful information on parking eye and wondered if anyone could help me as im worried sick. My husband received a PCN in the post last week, but it was me driving the car. I parked in a Mecca bingo car park. I was using the car for work and supporting a lady with learning disabilities into the council offices across the road. The disabled bays were being dug up so i couldn't park there so went on to the car park in a disabled bay as she has mobility issues. Due to my own stupidity didn't get a ticket, didn't see the signs properly due to weather and assumed as there was no attendant and no ticket machines anywhere close by that i didn't need one and they were letting people park due to the roadworks and didn't realise it was a private car park. I was there 57 mins and there asking for £60 by 28/09 or therefore will be £100. The fee if i would have paid would have been £1, i also cannot afford to pay due to a 40% pay cut at work. After doing some research on here i'm now more confused than ever regarding paying, saying i was driving, appealing (but not knowing what to write) and not responding at all, please if you don't mind any advice would be much appreciated :tinysmile_cry_t:
    Tags: None

Re: Parking Eye - Parking Charge Notice

Nothing to worry about.

My appeal would be short and sweet.

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered Keeper, wish to invoke your appeals process. The charges are penal and not a genuine pre estimate of loss. No signage was seen and no contract was entered in to.

Yours etc.

Await them telling you that you must pay or indeed must name the driver (err don't think so). Once you get your popla code when your appeal is refused then you can do a decent popla appeal such as http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ter&highlight= which should get rid of them.

If you can get a pic of the signage it'll not go to waste either.

M1

Comment

Will post with the outcome, you've eased my mind! Thank you for your help.

Comment

please can anyone be of more help. I sent a letter to P.E on the 1st oct stating I wanted to invoke thier appeals process, I have recieved a letter today 19th oct ( although the date on the letter says 15th) stating that they thank my for my correspondence then go on to talk about pre-estimate of loss then a list of court hearings they have won. its doesn't however acknowledge my appeal, refuse my appeal or have a POPLA code???? what should I do next, I am aware that they have to acknowledge my appeal within 14 days and an answer within 35 but its doesn't say anything????

Comment

Is there a 10 digit number anywhere on the paper ? Some have been known to "hide" it in plain sight.

Failing that contact them thanking them for their correspondence and you notice the letter neither acknowledges the appeal nor rejects it and you would appreciate it if they followed the code of practice.

http://www.britishparking.co.uk/writ..._March2013.pdf

22.8 You must acknowledge or reply to the challenge within
          14 days of receiving it. If at first you only acknowledge
          the challenge, you must accept or reject the challenge in
          writing within 35 days of receiving it. We may require you
          to show that you are keeping to these targets.

Don't worry about the guff they spout. Popla don't so why should you ?

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X