• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Property Management Company - Debt Collection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Property Management Company - Debt Collection

Hi

Looking for a bit of advice regarding debt collection from OM Management (our estate management company).

I owe OM Management one years worth of payments for their upkeep of the estate I live on. I was late in paying this bill and so I received a letter from PDC (Property Debt Collection Ltd) stating they are acting on behalf of OM to reclaim the money. They also added a £150 service charge on to the outstanding amount owed. OM Management are refusing to deal with me directly.

I have several questions about the legality of this situation:

1. If PDC say they are acting on OM's behalf - and also I have not received a Notice of Assignment regarding the debt, does this mean that OM still own the debt?
    2. If the debt has not been sold by OM to PDC then do I have a legal right to still be able to deal with OM should I wish?
    3. If so, what legal rights do PDC really have?
    4. The relevant section in my original contract states:
    "6. pay the Manager the reasonable and proper costs reasonably and properly incurred by the Manager or its Solicitors in enforcing payment of any moneys lawfully payable under the terms of this Transfer"
    As PDC are not the Manager, or solicitors, do I have any obligation to pay them anything?
    5. The PDC are threatening to contact my mortgage provider to tell them to add the outstanding amount of debt (including the £150 charge) to my mortgage, if I do not pay within x days, is this classed as reasonable, fair and legal behaviour?

Thanks for any help

Dan
    Tags: None

Re: Property Management Company - Debt Collection

Hi

Looking for a bit of advice regarding debt collection from OM Management....An easy way for you to ensure that all of these things get done without taking away time for the important things in your life would be to work with a property managewmant

Comment

Re: Property Management Company - Debt Collection

Have you paid the fee yet? If not pay it to the managing agent and then ask them to call their dogs off .

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X