• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye notice - Please help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Eye notice - Please help!

First of all thankyou to this community for some interesting information on pretty much anything to do with the legal system...am so glad I found you!

But onto my dilemma! This may be a bit of a long story but please bear with me. Having arrived home today from work I came across a 'Parking charge notice reminder' which dates a parking offence which happened on the 2nd September 2013 from ParkingEye.

My problem is this. I bought the car on the 31st August (which was a Saturday) from a local garage and the alleged offence happened in my local ALDI store on the 2nd September (Monday) 2013. Of course because I bought the car on a weekend and the offence happened on the Monday, the car was still registered to the garage I had bought the car from. The date on the letter says 14th September 2013 which was sent to the then registered keeper which was my local garage, and they forwarded it to me so it has taken nigh on 5 days to reach me from when PE sent the letter which means I have gone over the 'discounted' period which meant I would be charged £40 instead of £70.

The day in question was the weekend after a lovely holiday to Skegness, and on arrival back home we had literally nothing in the cupboards, so the days shopping was bound to be huge. We went to the store and having two kids in tow, was always going to be a bit of a mission. From what I can remember my bill came to around £120 and anyone who has shopped in Aldi knows that buys a hell of a lot of shopping!

Having read your forums I found a page advising to speak to Aldis parking management lady Rachel, which I did and she advised to send in a copy of my receipt. Trouble is, who keeps food receipts for nearly 3 weeks? I know I don't. So she asked if I paid by card, which I couldn't remember so I checked by bank statement and it looks like I paid cash as there wasn't an entry in my statement.

May I also add that being a type 1 diabetic I am not in the habit of rushing around at break neck speed to comply with some supposed time limit on parking, especially when over exertion can drop my sugars rapidly.

So where do I go from here is what I would like to know? My contact with Rachel suggests the limit is for 1 hour 30 minutes, so I am 30 minutes over what they are saying I am entitled to park for.

Do I refuse to pay? Do I pay? Do I have to tell them who was driving as the photo was inconclusive?

So many questions but £70 is a lot when you live on a shoestring budget.

Many thanks all...

Pappasmurfs
    Tags: None

Re: Parking Eye notice - Please help!

1st call is to the Aldi store to get a copy of your receipt.

Then lodge a pretty soft appeal to Parking Eye to meet their arbitrary deadline. If you have the receipt in enough time include a copy with your appeal.

Dear Parking Eye,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals process. I was a genuine shopper (see attached receipt) and i don't believe you have a contract that allows you to contract with me and in any event we cannot contract to do something that is unauthorised. Neither are the losses a genuine pre estimate of loss.

Yours etc

M1

Comment

Re: Parking Eye notice - Please help!

I'll expand a little. Parking Eye will refuse your appeal and you should be issued with a POPLAS code. We will then write a comprehensive appeal letter to POPLA where currently nearly 70% of appeals are successful. I suspect 99.9% of GOOD appeal letters are successful, and as long as you stick here, yours will be good! :beagle:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X