• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Not over till it's over

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not over till it's over

Hello all,

So today I received my court date for over staying in a car park, I chose to defend my PCN, but about a month ago I was made an offer by the PPC which was finacially the better option (I think), so, payed, got reciept, confirmation that the case was closed, I could finally sleep

Thinking the case was closed I didn't bother sending the directions questionare until I received a letter from the court telling me I hadn't, I phoned northampton and was told that someone had tried to cancel the court action but failed because the case was stayed, so I confirmed with the PPC that the case was now indeed closed, they agreed, that was a couple of weeks ago, then today I get a hearing date

for the hearing to go ahead the PPC must pay £25 else the hearing will be "removed from the list", what does this mean?
    If I ignore the hearing date and it goes ahead im screwed, If I turn up on the hearing date, which I will, I risk looking like a plonker and loosing a days earnings and expenses in the process.

I could phone the court and explain to the whats happened and see what they say, northampton told me the PPC has to apply for the case to be un-stayed before it can be cancelled but it all goes straight over my head, and why am I doing all the chasing and phoning anyway

What should I do? any thoughts?
    Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Not over till it's over

Contact parking eye.

Get it confirmed explicitly in writing that the matter has been settled and the case will be discontinued. Inform them that you will be checking with the court and if the matter is not cancelled with the court that this leaves you no option but to turn up and you will be seeking full costs of this citing cpr 21.14 g as their behaviour will be unreasonable.

One caveat to this is the slow admin of the courts.

M1

Comment

Thanks M1,
      So far I have only had e-mail contact with PE, they have said they will inform the court and that the courts are working in arears so maybe it will get sorted, the hearing date is the end of November so a little time yet, your right I should get confirmation in writing.

Comment

I would count email as writing.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X