• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Fine Notice from Parking Eye

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Fine Notice from Parking Eye

Hi, I have just returned from Cumbria where my sons partner presented us with a new grandchild. I went up overnight on 26/8 to help but on the way up stopped at Charnock Richard Services as I was feeling tired. I thought a quick rest (as recommended by police) and back on the road. Unfortunately I overstayed - I was there for 4 hours, and now they want £100 fine. Is there any way I can avoid this as I thought I was doing the right thing by stopping. Please help
    Tags: None

Re: Parking Fine Notice from Parking Eye

If you appeal to parking eye they will refuse but as long as you get a popla code then you have a great shot at winning the appeal at that stage with a proper appeal like this .

If they don't know who was driving then they have many additional hoops to jump through so they can chase the registered keeper so when writing it should be "the driver did this" "the driver did that" not i or my wife etc etc.

Popla decisions can be found here .

M1

Comment

Please note it is not a "fine" but an unenforceable invoice

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
        Please note it is not a "fine" but an unenforceable invoice

Be good to get any correspondence from parking eye or the landowner that said otherwise though

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X