• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

just received a statutory demand - please help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just received a statutory demand - please help

hi everyone,

I have just received a stautory demand from 1st credit. Ive been reading through some posts and it seems they are bad for this.
    When i initially received it, i called the number to see if i could set up a payment plan, to be told the debt had to be paid back within 24 months at a cost of £330 pcm. I am currently looking for work as i am self employed but work has dropped off dramatically...

I informed that the amount they wanted was including interest charged so i asked if it would be possible to get a summary of charges but they said i could ask but id left it a little late. I was then advised to email their bankprutcy department with any offer of payment, my circumstances and an i&e form.

I would like to pay back this debt as it is owed but i never received a letter saying that 1st credit were now taking over the debt although the girl on the phone said one had been sent out. !st credit took over the account in june 2013 and its only now the start of sept.

I initially wanted to pay an amount of around £50 per calendar month until i get in to full time employment and then pay around £100/150 pcm until the debt is cleared. The total amount of debt owed is £7300, i own my own property but mortgaged but there is equity in the property.

I really dont know how to proceed from here and would appreciate any help or advice; can i stay the sd? or is there any way of them accepting the above offer?

thanks in advance for any help
    Tags: None

Re: just received a statutory demand - please help

Just flagging this up so that one of our experienced members will be able to help you further.

Comment

Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post
      Just flagging this up so that one of our experienced members will be able to help you further.

thanks tuttsi

Comment

What type of debt was this originally? Credit Card...Loan??

When was that account opened?

And most critically, have you ever sent a s.78 Consumer Credit Act 1974 request to First Credit OR the original creditor to see a copy of the original agreement?
        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Originally posted by celestine View Post
          What type of debt was this originally? Credit Card...Loan??

When was that account opened?

And most critically, have you ever sent a s.78 Consumer Credit Act 1974 request to First Credit OR the original creditor to see a copy of the original agreement?
          hi, thanks for your quick reply.

The account was an unsecured load in 2006 ( i think 2006, maybe 2007)

i have never sent a s.78 to anyone, im new to all this so dont really know what it is or what it does.

1st credit took over the loan in june of this year.

Comment

When did the account default and when did you last make a payment to the account balance?
            "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Originally posted by jjay1299 View Post
              The account was an unsecured load in 2006 ( i think 2006, maybe 2007).
              Before or after April 2007 could be *make or break* in this situation :juge:

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                Before or after April 2007 could be *make or break* in this situation :juge:

i think it will be more like 2007 - last payment was made in 2011 , the circumstances around it were... i split with my partner and she cleared out the savings and all my stuff from my house and vanished to australia, then my appendix burst with the stress of it all, then to top it off i fell over and shattered my leg so i didnt work for over 12 months, then i had lost all my clients as i am self employed so had to sign on

Comment

im not actually sure of the date i took out the loan

Comment

im going to ask for my cca information tomorrow as im unsure of the date. I think its correct though although the amount they have sent me seems high as ive paid loads into it but the balance still looks the same, i think there are alot of charges on there.

ciould you give me a few pointers on what to put on form 6.5 as i dont know what tp put.
                    If they dont reply with the correct cca information, what reason do i give on the 6.5 form or if they do and the debt amount is correct, what do i do then to stop being made bankrupt?

please help as im starting to panic now

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X