Results 1 to 1 of 1
10th September 2013, 17:20:PM #1
Legal Beagles Parking Charge Notice Advice
Parking Charge Notices
Issues here are developing quickly, so please visit this area frequently in order that you get the most up to date suggestions from our site.
The first thing we would suggest is going to the store in which you were shopping, speaking to the manager and asking them to get the ticket cancelled. Increasingly stores are doing this, as they realise the PPC's are costing them their regular trade.
If this fails, appeal to the PPC - this will almost certainly be rejected. Make sure you get a POPLA code.
Next we currently recommend a very strong appeal letter followed by (hopefully) a POPLA win. POPLA appeals are currently delivering a 61% success rate, so nearly two thirds of appeals are successful. The remaining 39% won't all go to court, so PPC's are likely to pick the cases which had weaker arguments.
Aldi seem to have seen sense with Parking Eye. If you have fallen victim to them, please phone Laura and Rachel in Aldi's Car Park Management Department on 01793 836317 to get your notice cancelled. They are working hard to deal with genuine cases - thanks Aldi.
Below is a draft Letters of Appeal (with thanks to Parking Cowboys and Pepipoo). Further Appeal letters are planned for the near future, once the site has resolved server
FOR LINK TO EXCELLENT PARKING CHARGE NOTICE APPEAL LETTER CLICK HERE
(With very many thanks to www.parkingcowboys.co.uk for permission to use their letter of appeal)
We also have our own letter which can be found by clicking HERE. This has proven VERY successful.
For the BPA Code of Practice, please CLICK HERE
Please note any recourse under The Protection of Freedoms Act cannot be backdated to a date prior to October 1st 2012.
Last edited by labman; 1st October 2013 at 18:52:PM.
By simond-123 in forum PPC's - Parking Charge NoticesReplies: 56: 18th September 2015, 09:25:AM
By stefski in forum PPC's - Parking Charge NoticesReplies: 8: 3rd September 2013, 15:44:PM
By Chris P in forum PPC's - Parking Charge NoticesReplies: 3: 3rd September 2013, 15:43:PM
By andyb000! in forum Vehicle Finance and IssuesReplies: 8: 1st October 2012, 14:25:PM