• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Re: Parking Notice Charge Notice from Parking Eye

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Parking Notice Charge Notice from Parking Eye

Hi, like the OP, i recieved a Notice from Parking Eye, whilst my mam and dad were in Sunderland Eye Infirmary. For the duration i was there, i displayed my mam's valid disabled permit and parked in a disabled spot. I have appealed via e-mail, but heard nothing since. I have also recently moved home and the initial notice went to my old address. In my e-mail, i explained i had moved and could any future correspondence be sent to my new address. I gave Parking Eye details of the permit but was unable to scan the permit as my parents were away when i recieved the notice and then i have just returned from a short break. Should i carry on and wait for them to contact me again , contact the Eye Infirmary or go ahead and pay? Thanks for any help and advice on this.

Chris.
    Tags: None

Chris, I've started a new thread for you to stop any advice getting mixed up with the other persons. :beagle:

Comment

Originally posted by Chris P View Post
      Hi, like the OP, i recieved a Notice from Parking Eye, whilst my mam and dad were in Sunderland Eye Infirmary. For the duration i was there, i displayed my mam's valid disabled permit and parked in a disabled spot. I have appealed via e-mail, but heard nothing since. I have also recently moved home and the initial notice went to my old address. In my e-mail, i explained i had moved and could any future correspondence be sent to my new address. I gave Parking Eye details of the permit but was unable to scan the permit as my parents were away when i recieved the notice and then i have just returned from a short break. Should i carry on and wait for them to contact me again , contact the Eye Infirmary or go ahead and pay? Thanks for any help and advice on this.

Chris.
      Should i carry on and wait for them to contact me again
      Probably. It really depends on what exactly you wrote (was it an appeal?), whether you updated the dvla and also how long it has been since you contacted them.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by Chris P View Post
        Hi M1.
        I have updated the DVLA, the notice went to my old address @ 18/08/13 and i got it from the new owners @ 22/08/13 and e-mailed to the appeal address on 23/08/13. I have had no letters from my old address at time of writing. On the appeals page, it says they will contact me, in writing, within 10 days, so i guess i'll sit tight for now.

Chris.
        Ok, well it depends on whether what you sent is clearly an appeal and whether you are comfortable that any reply will either get to you via royal mail or your old houses new occupants.

The random parking eye rule with no statutory basis, but plenty nuisance value, is that appeals should be made within 28 days.

If you appealed then the BPA code of practice should be followed.

http://www.britishparking.co.uk/writ...013_update.pdf

22.8 You must acknowledge or reply to the challenge within
        14 days of receiving it. If at first you only acknowledge
        the challenge, or your reply does not fully resolve it,
        normally we would expect you to seek the additional
        information you require from the motorist and accept
        or reject the challenge in writing not more than 35
        days after the information required to resolve it has
        been received from the motorist. It is acknowledged
        that in exceptional circumstances, an investigation into
        a challenge may take longer than 35 days after such
        information has been received and in these instances the
        motorist must be advised accordingly and given a date by
        which they can expect a resolution. If this date cannot be
        achieved then the motorist must be written to again and
        a revised resolution date agreed. We may require you to
        demonstrate that you are keeping to these times

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X