• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Arrow Global/ MBNA Court hearing - WON !!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrow Global/ MBNA Court hearing - WON !!!!!!

Hi

Need some advice. I have a claim to be heard in court on the 6th September. I have submitted a defense and a witness statement but have not gone into specifics on either. Only that I have never received an application form to my subject access request and credit agreement request. I have stated that I have never received all the t and c's for this. I have also stated that I believe the default notice to be faulty. I have attached both. I feel that I have a strong case for this and have attached the relevant documents. Can anyone point me in the direction or advise me what case histories/ acts I can use to defend these. This was taken out in 2003.

1) Application form which they are claiming is the credit agreement. I have only received an mbna reconstructed t & c's. Not the original creditors. Am I also right in saying in the Wakesman case, it was stated that all the t & c's should be supplied if they have been altered. Also if this is meant to be the argeement, this does not comply with the consumer credit act.

i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu351/roygoodbeat/MBNABOSCCFORM.jpg

2) Default notice. MBNA who took the account over issued a default notice after 6 months for the full amount. The issue date was the 9th October, to be paid for in full by 26th October

Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: Arrow Global/ MBNA Court hearing

That agreement/application copy is certainly NOT enough to enforce this agreement, courtesy of s.78 CCA 1974. When you say you got MBNA terms, I'm not sure what you mean, perhaps scan and show us?
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Scanners playing up. I received t & c's from mins but the original t & c 's would have been bank of Scotland and I have never received these.

Comment

Here is the default notice.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by roygoodbeat View Post
          I don't think the creditor can use a DN to claim the whole balance outstanding on your account, they can only ask for the contractual arrears. The idea of a DN is to give you the opportunity to remedy the situation by a specific date and then your account will carry on business as usual; only if you fail to pay the arrears can they terminate the account and ask for the whole balance.
          However they refer to clause 8f in your credit agreement which says MBNA can do things differently :confused2: Have you been sent a copy of your credit agreement which includes clause 8f? If so post it up so we can see that clause 8f too

Comment

I have submitted a defense and a witness statement but have not gone into specifics on either. Only that I have never received an application form to my subject access request and credit agreement request. I have stated that I have never received all the t and c's for this. I have also stated that I believe the default notice to be faulty. I have attached both. I feel that I have a strong case for this and have attached the relevant documents. Can anyone point me in the direction or advise me what case histories/ acts I can use to defend these. This was taken out in 2003.

1) Application form which they are claiming is the credit agreement.

i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu351/roygoodbeat/MBNABOSCCFORM.jpg
            I can't see any prescribed terms on that Bank of Scotland application form. And you say you've not been sent any BOS Ts & Cs which must have been there at the time you signed in order for it to be a properly executed credit agreement.

Golly I've just noticed that your hearing is on Friday :scared: I'm guessing you're now preparing your Skeleton argument which needs to be full of case law and has to be filed by Tuesday?

Who are the solicitors acting for Arrow? Are you intending to represent yourself in court as a LIP? Have you considered whether a lawyer could try to get this discontinued if your case is strong enough (and it looks as if it might be). Send PT2537 a PM with a link to this thread and ask him what he thinks :wink: The downside of being a LIP is that DJs tend to favour the creditor wherever they can The best way round that is to bombard them with case law so they can't ignore your legal arguments :argue:

Comment

Me again

Is this thread the background to your case?

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ded&highlight=

If it is then you say you've only submitted an embarrassed defence. Sorry it seems your thread fizzled out without you getting the necessary help at the time when you needed it :sorry:

Comment

In your other thread you made the point that the MBNA account was unlawfully terminated (bad DN) so they can only claim the arrears owed at the time and not the whole outstanding amount as per the POC. Did you refer to that in your Defence submitted to the court?

Comment

Could you post up the Arrow Global letter if possible?
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                  Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                  gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                  The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                    Could you post up the Arrow Global letter if possible?
                    Which letter would that be :confused2:

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                      Which letter would that be :confused2:
                      Assumption, I know, but wouldn't GA & their solicitors have the courtesy of informing OP of the latest intended court action?
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

Comment

wouldn't GA & their solicitors have the courtesy of informing OP of the latest intended court action?
                        The hearing is on Friday :eek2:

The court action started in October 2012 hence the last minute need for case law :nerd:

Or am I being daft here?

Comment

The hearing is on Friday :eek2:

The court action started in October 2012 hence the last minute need for case law :nerd:

Or am I being daft here?
                          One does not necessarily preclude the other!
                          CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

One does not necessarily preclude the other!
                            I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about msl:

Comment

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about msl:

Incoming PM
                              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X