• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help with Defence re Parking Eye & Court Papers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Defence re Parking Eye & Court Papers

Hi,
    I hope someone can help me?
    I received a Parking Charge Notice, (from Parking Eye) back in March this year and having read various forums at the time followed general advice and ignored it! Got the stated follow up letters, including the Debt Recovery one and I'm now in receipt of a Claim from Northampton (CCBC) County Court.
    After checking with the court that the issue of papers was genuine, I've completed the "Acknowledgement of Service" on-line. (stated "I intend to defend all of this claim") - they are asking for a total of £165 (made up:- £100 claimed, £15 court fee and £50 Solicitor's costs)
    I now need to complete a defence and submit that to the court but haven't a clue where to start!!
    Any help would therefore be greatly appreciated.
    Tags: None

Re: Help with Defence re Parking Eye & Court Papers

Post up the particulars of claim, pics of signage, notice to keeper etc etc

Also who were the landowners ?

M1

Comment

Hi M1,
      Thanks for the response - as yet I do not have photos of the signage but can get them tomorrow. Also I don't have the first parking charge notice (mix up with items I was shredding!!)
      I hope I've managed to post the other documents ok - (not sure what I was doing!)
      Last edited by Archie's Mum; 30th August 2013, 06:16:AM. Reason: remove details of documents that cannot be viewed

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYus9JF6w10

M1

Comment

If you post up what you've got, we can take a look and help you. :beagle:

Comment

Thanks for the link - had some difficulty (web & techno useless!) but hopefully images are here now!
            Last edited by Archie's Mum; 30th August 2013, 06:47:AM. Reason: full sized images!

Comment

Try again!
              Last edited by Archie's Mum; 9th September 2013, 12:15:PM. Reason: Bigger images requested

Comment

Err............solicitors costs arent allowed for a small claims, so thats out for a start!

(court could order it, but EXTREMELY unlikely!)

This is scare tactic IMHO

Comment

Originally posted by ncf355 View Post
                  Err............solicitors costs arent allowed for a small claims, so thats out for a start!

(court could order it, but EXTREMELY unlikely!)

This is scare tactic IMHO

If it's the £50 you're talking about then it is allowed.

Any chance of making the images bigger as i can't read them.

M1

Comment

Thanks to all who have commented so far.
                    Done of bit of internet searching and it appears that Axa Sun Life are the land owners (or have been involved with the developement of the retail site). Edgeley Simpson Howe and Partners were spearheading the recruitment of retailers a couple of years ago!
                    Just on my way to get pictures of the signage and will try to get confirmation on ownership too.

Comment

Do you want all of them bigger?

Comment

Please.

M1

Comment

I can only see them as they appear here as well. If necessary, print them to pdf's and attach them - that's my normal cheat! :beagle:

Comment

Hi there, Archies mum....I am new here...just signed up a few days ago. I am going through the same thing myself right now. I followed advice on several consumer forums and ignored the first letter from Parking Eye then caved in and wrote a short letter after they had sent a reminder and a third one to "talk or else" to explain I was the driver and not the person who is listed as the registered keeper (my spouse). I received no response....no acknowledgement....except court papers with the registered keepers name on them about 2 months later (a week and a half ago). I am also a full time carer for two young children (stressful), have no income, and am on prescribed medication for a medical condition (depression/mood swings)....so life is just a bowl of cherries for me right now. I wish you well...I am feeling totally overwhelmed and stressed out right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagleii13 View Post
                              Hi there, Archies mum....I am new here...just signed up a few days ago. I am going through the same thing myself right now. I followed advice on several consumer forums and ignored the first letter from Parking Eye then caved in and wrote a short letter after they had sent a reminder and a third one to "talk or else" to explain I was the driver and not the person who is listed as the registered keeper (my spouse). I received no response....no acknowledgement....except court papers with the registered keepers name on them about 2 months later (a week and a half ago). I am also a full time carer for two young children (stressful), have no income, and am on prescribed medication for a medical condition (depression/mood swings)....so life is just a bowl of cherries for me right now. I wish you well...I am feeling totally overwhelmed and stressed out right now.
                              It's a shame the advice is now outdated. We no longer advise to ignore completely. Now it's appeal to the PPC, get POPLA code, appeal to POPLA and usually win.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X