• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Handing a notice of distress to a minor?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handing a notice of distress to a minor?

Hi, today as I put two if my children in the car I noticed a formal man in his car. I live in a small village and I notice strangers more!!
    i had my two youngest in the car to quickly drive to the village shop to get milk, this takes two minutes and my 9 year old was left getting dressed and under strict instruction not to open the door!

well he opened the door and gave me a later obviously from this man earlier. As I was shouting at him reading this notice of distress with my car levied against it I thought, I'm not in any arrears with my council tax and should not have Penham giving this to my son! The notice has been delivered to the wrong address, with my car levied and handed to a minor.

i asked my nine year old what the man said, he replied "does your mum live here!" Now surely this is not legal and after a rather rude conversation with penham to write a complaint to them.

who can I complain to who regulates they're service and find out if what they have done is illegal?
    many help will be greatly received!

sarah
    Last edited by Celestine; 28th August 2013, 18:57:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Handing a notice of distress to a minor?

First why was a nine year old alone?it could have been anybody knocking on the door how would you now be feeling if there was no notice and no child find out what the notice is about then think yourself lucky others haven't and are still looking for their children

Comment

Hi,
      I think your remarks are uncalled for, Wales.
      A person comes here for advice, not unwarranted criticism.
      We know next to nothing about this families' situation, where they live or the maturity of this child. There is nothing intrinsically wrong in leaving a nine year old child alone for a short time in the right circumstances.
      Regarding your query, Sarah, there are many on this site who are better equipped than I to advise you, and I'm sure they'll be along soon.

Comment

I was thinking of the child don't you read the papers about missing children children left alone so you condone it ,the child was in danger the minute they opened the door what would your reaction be to a news item where a nine year old is abducted and killed there have been plenty ,she will get advice mine is to look after the kids

Comment

Here we go....off topic again lol.
          I neither condone nor condemn. We are not in possession of full circumstances and should not offer unasked for "advice".
          If that was advice, I'd hate to be on the receiving end of your criticism

Comment

Sarafcc let's rewind from your first respondents. What bailiff company is this, what is the alleged debt? If council tax a strongly worded letter to the head of revenues, the CEO, and elected leader copied to your MP, regarding your car being levied for a debt at a different address. Copy the letter to the bailiff company also, and mention that the bailiff was out of order handing a Notice of seizure to a minor. If HMCS contact the court and arrange to go and show proof that their bailiff has messed up, again copy letter of complaint to MP, and MOJ. Others will be along with more helpful advice in due course.
            Last edited by labman; 5th September 2013, 13:49:PM. Reason: Edit out unnecessary content

Comment

Its PenhamExcel Bailiffs
              http://www.penhamexcel.co.uk

Before we go any further, we must establish what debt this pertains to, if any related to you?
              "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Hi Sarah,

What the person from Penham Excel did was against all guidelines. The main rules, by which they should abide are the National Standards for Enforcement Agents which can be found by clicking Number 2 HERE. As you will see they state clearly the bailiff should back out as soon as they realise no adult is present.

You have a genuine cause for complaint, but would be expected to follow Penham's own Complaints Procedure in the first instance. THIS is a link to their website. I would complain on the grounds you mention in your post.

Was the bailiff there erroneously, or was there a reason for him being there?

Comment

Sorry Cel - crossed posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
                    Its PenhamExcel Bailiffs
                    http://www.penhamexcel.co.uk

Before we go any further, we must establish what debt this pertains to, if any related to you?
                    Sarahfcc can you please reply to Celestine's post, also, did the bailiff hand the note to your son or did he/she post it through the letterbox in sealed envelope addressed to you and marked "private & confidential"?
                    The Black rat (Rattus rattus) is a common (hence the accusation of being Pleb) long-tailed rodent of the genus Rattus (rats) in the subfamily Murinae (murine rodents). The species originated in tropical Asia and spread through the Near East in Roman times (another thing that we ought to thanks the Romans for, besides roads, aqueducts and public toilets) before reaching Europe by the 1st century and spreading with Europeans across the world.

A mutation of the beast now comes black leather clad, riding a motorcycle that looks like a battenbergh cake on wheels.

A skilled predator, totally ruthless with it's prey, but also known to be extremely generous in doling out tickes that can provide points for motorists who want to downsize from mechanically propelled vehicles to bycicles.

It's a dirty job, but someone got to do it!

My opinions are free to anyone who wishes to make them theirs, but please be advised that my opinions might change without warning once more true facts are ascertained

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X