• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

access arrangements forchildren<how often should a father see his children

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• access arrangements forchildren<how often should a father see his children

i have been separated from my ex for 2 years and he continues to remain inconsistent with access, at the moment his job is on a 4 day on 4 day off rota,this works out that for one month he will see them for 1 night and 2 days for 3 consecutive weeks on a weekend and for 1 month he doesnt see them at all as his rota for days off fall on a weekday and they are at school. to top it off he has now dropped a few of those weekend days so he can spend quality time with his girlfriend whom he lives with, we have both moved on with our lives but i feel like i am constantly battling him to see his kids on a consistent regular basis. i will be honest and say that i also need a break from the children and i feel at times that he was ok to produce the 7 children we had over the 23 years we were together and now he doesnt live with them he can put them to one side. any advice would be greatly appreciated x
    vicky72
    Tags: None

Re: access arrangements forchildren&lt;how often should a father see his children

You cannot your ex to see his children. What you could still try, if you think it would be worth giving it a go, is mediation. Have a read here:

http://www.netmums.com/support/divor...tion/mediation

Comment

Re: access arrangements forchildren&lt;how often should a father see his children

as an outsider on my situation do you think my asking him to see his children more is unreasonable?
      vicky72

Comment

Originally posted by vicky72 View Post
        as an outsider on my situation do you think my asking him to see his children more is unreasonable?
        As an outsider, I can imagine raising seven children as a single Mum must be incredibly difficult and tiring at times, and immensely rewarding at others. It is impossible for anyone to comment beyond that really because they don't know the situation fully. Every story has two sides, and what we are hearing here is yours. Mediation would enable both sides to be heard by 'an outsider' who would try to help you both reach an amicable, and mutually acceptable arrangement.

Sadly everyone is different. If I was to part from my wife, I would desperately want to be involved in my daughter's life. Equally another person in the same situation may want to cut all ties. It is not for me to cast judgment either way.

Do you think mediation is something he would try?

Comment

yes and would be nice to be able to put my points of view across without the rows to be honest x its definetly worth a try and have already got a number while i have been talking to you so thank you very much
          vicky72

Comment

No problem - good luck and keep us up to date. It's good to see LB is beginning to give you the help you were wanting when you posted in the Welcome Messages section, long may it continue to do so! :beagle:

Comment

i have already told a few of my friends about this site as i think its brill x sometimes you think to much when life throws challenges at you and it has been very nice if thats the right word lol to be able to get it off my chest and get some advice
              vicky72

Comment

It's good also that many of us on here have gone through our own problems of all different types, come out the other side with the aid of this site, and stuck around to try to help others. It's a great community and can almost become part of your extended family. :beagle:

Comment

will keep you posted x and again thank you
                  vicky72

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X