• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hi & help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi & help

I hope this is the right place to post this. Ok im a disabled lady who hired a small cleaning firm in each week to help with my domestic cleaning, ironing, hovering ,dusting etc. Anyway because of my condition and anxiety it was agreed they would send in a regular lady who I was happy and familiar with.

The problems started when I was moved to a adapted bungalow suitable for my disabilities' but in a village further away an more remote than previously living, the lady used didn't want to travel so far and was unhappy with the firm anyway so left there employment after this things went down hill fast and consequently this is where all my problems started my ironing was being done, but nothing on the domestic side the house was how we (my husband is my fulltime carer) left it.

I wasn't happy with this but allowed them a few weeks to get themselves together, they never did. Different cleaners who I was unfamiliar with arrived, not as our agreement for my needs and I think they must have just ironed an sat on my settee for the rest of the 3hr or so allotted as nothing else was touched, in fact on one day they sent the husband of the owner to do my cleaning, he was refused his services by my husband at the front door, the owner was again reminded I need a cleaner I was happy an familiar with as per my condition and our agreement and certainly not a man with no experience.

The cleaning was supposed to be done on a tues ironing an Friday cleaning, the problem is they think they can get way charging me for cleaning on a Friday because I was always out attending my regular weekly social activities. of course I refuse to pay for the work not done in fact I have not paid them anything as they where invoicing for work not done.

They also had without my permission my house keys cut and gave them out without my knowledge to there said cleaners. I am not prepared to be bullied by them to pay for some thing I consider wasn't done and consequently after home visit late in the evening with no resolve I have received a form from Northampton cbbc asking for £608 its making me poorly the stress of all this im totally out of my depth and don't know what to do or how to complete the defence form let alone how to compile my side of all this.

I have acknowledged the service of said documents an indicated I wish to defend but I need some help how or what I should do now an how to word things. Im very disabled an in a wheelchair so I think they see me as a easy target thinking I wont do anything because physically an mentally its difficult for me.

please, please help me someone im so fraught with all this. thank you I should have said earlier in case it matters to my defence that there services where via a verbal agreememt nothing signed on paper the only thing they put on paper was a tick chart left at mine indicating jobs alleged done.

i need some help feeling very depressed, worthless and worried don't know where to turn, thank you all in advance for any help or advice given.
    Tags: None

Re: Hi & help

hang in there honey,

someone's coming.

Comment

Hi Chlodella

I'm so very sorry this is still going on. It would be helpful if you asked Admin to merge this with your other thread so that people can better advise you without repeating themselves :hug

Originally posted by chlodella View Post
      I hope this is the right place to post this. Ok im a disabled lady who hired a small cleaning firm in each week to help with my domestic cleaning, ironing, hovering ,dusting etc. Anyway because of my condition and anxiety it was agreed they would send in a regular lady who I was happy and familiar with.

The problems started when I was moved to a adapted bungalow suitable for my disabilities' but in a village further away an more remote than previously living, the lady used didn't want to travel so far and was unhappy with the firm anyway so left there employment after this things went down hill fast and consequently this is where all my problems started my ironing was being done, but nothing on the domestic side the house was how we (my husband is my fulltime carer) left it.

I wasn't happy with this but allowed them a few weeks to get themselves together, they never did. Different cleaners who I was unfamiliar with arrived, not as our agreement for my needs and I think they must have just ironed an sat on my settee for the rest of the 3hr or so allotted as nothing else was touched, in fact on one day they sent the husband of the owner to do my cleaning, he was refused his services by my husband at the front door, the owner was again reminded I need a cleaner I was happy an familiar with as per my condition and our agreement and certainly not a man with no experience.

The cleaning was supposed to be done on a tues ironing an Friday cleaning, the problem is they think they can get way charging me for cleaning on a Friday because I was always out attending my regular weekly social activities. of course I refuse to pay for the work not done in fact I have not paid them anything as they where invoicing for work not done.

They also had without my permission my house keys cut and gave them out without my knowledge to there said cleaners. I am not prepared to be bullied by them to pay for some thing I consider wasn't done and consequently after home visit late in the evening with no resolve I have received a form from Northampton cbbc asking for £608 its making me poorly the stress of all this im totally out of my depth and don't know what to do or how to complete the defence form let alone how to compile my side of all this.

I have acknowledged the service of said documents an indicated I wish to defend but I need some help how or what I should do now an how to word things. Im very disabled an in a wheelchair so I think they see me as a easy target thinking I wont do anything because physically an mentally its difficult for me.

please, please help me someone im so fraught with all this. thank you I should have said earlier in case it matters to my defence that there services where via a verbal agreememt nothing signed on paper the only thing they put on paper was a tick chart left at mine indicating jobs alleged done.

i need some help feeling very depressed, worthless and worried don't know where to turn, thank you all in advance for any help or advice given.

Comment

Hello. I think this is related to your earlier thread here:

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...884#post366884

I'll see if site admin can merge the two for you so we can all see the history and full background

Try to remain calm because it's a Bank Holiday weekend and there aren't many of us on the Forum. Can you confirm when your 28 days to submit your defence will expire?

Comment

Originally posted by MissFM View Post
          I'm so very sorry this is still going on. It would be helpful if you asked Admin to merge this with your other thread so that people can better advise you without repeating themselves :hug
          Snap msl:

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
            Snap msl:
            Great minds, PB x

Comment

can someone please help.idont know what you need to do next to help me

Comment

Help me please with defence someome

Comment

In your 1st post on this thread, you say you have acknowledged service from Northampton.

When (date) did you receive it?

When (date) did you acknowledge it?
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                  Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                  gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                  The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                  See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                  X