• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye Charge ......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Eye Charge ......

Hi

My sons carer parked in a disabled bay in what turns out to be a 30 min car park, he hadn't noticed this on the signs he just assumed that because he saw the disabled bays he would be OK. He was parked there for 49 min.

He has now received a parking charge notice from Parking Eye and I am sure I have seen an appeal letter around some where!! Can someone please post me a link?

Is there any point in sending a letter do you think?

He certainly won't just ignore, the scary letters he will get soon will frighten him.
    Tags: None

Re: Parking Eye Charge ......

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...rking-Offences

M1

Comment

Does the letter reflect changes via PoFA?
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post

Honestly ? No idea because i didn't pay much attention to it. I gave an answer to the question asked.

It makes no difference anyway as parking eye are unlikely to accept anything anyway.

The only two things you to do when appealing are 1. Not disclosing the driver either directly or indirectly "the driver did this" etc 2. Actually appeal so you get a popla code upon rejection.

M1

Comment

Thanks, M1.

I had read somewhere that things had changed a little recently, but I'm not entirely sure how.

But as a friend of mine has been 'done' recently & has asked me to assist, I suppose I'd better get me finger out!

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

I believe it does, though please feel free to double check.

Comment

The fact that you have a blue badge should help. They are obliged to make allowances for the blue badge under disability regulations. Look at the PEPIPOO website who have a member who is conversant with the requirements for disability discrimination.

Comment

Was your son with the carer ?

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
                  Was your son with the carer ?
                  Hi

Yes he was with him.

Thanks

Cowbag
                  Last edited by cowbag; 23rd August 2013, 13:50:PM.

Comment

Should be a good defence if a carer is looking after someone it may be a difficult job to get things done in 30 minutes disgusting that these parking hitlers have no concern for any body

Comment

Thanks, M1.

I had read somewhere that things had changed a little recently, but I'm not entirely sure how.

But as a friend of mine has been 'done' recently & has asked me to assist, I suppose I'd better get me finger out!

The only changes of which I'm aware since April are these which came into force in mid June:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2...roduction/made

and these which come into force on October 31st:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2...article/2/made

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
                        The only changes of which I'm aware since April are these which came into force in mid June:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2...roduction/made

and these which come into force on October 31st:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2...article/2/made
                        Labs, we need an idiot's guide in plain English, please, as to the implications of this!
                        Last edited by MissFM; 23rd August 2013, 15:26:PM. Reason: spelling. God!

Comment

Hi

Thanks for your reply

More information has come to light, he was parked in a car park for a Gym/Sports shop and it says that it is for the customer of the shop/gym only. They didn't go in the shop/gym they went in the shopping center across the road, he parked in there because he saw disabled bays - thought it was OK

Any ideas?

please

Comment

Do they have proof he didn't go into the gym to enquire about membership fees or something? Has the gym contracted with Parking Eye to allow them to put Parking Charge Notices on vehicles - it may be worth speaking to the gym manager saying it is putting people off going there. Were there any other disabled bays? How prominent is the signage stating it is purely for the gym - is it easily missed?

Comment

Originally posted by MissFM View Post
                              Labs, we need an idiot's guide in plain English, please, as to the implicaitons of this!
                              I'm an idiot - self proclaimed and proud of it! Even got the tee-shirt.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X