• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye Charge ......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Parking Eye Charge ......

Originally posted by labman View Post
    I'm an idiot - self proclaimed and proud of it! Even got the tee-shirt.
    Yes, I look good in that too! Guide.....?x

Comment

Originally posted by MissFM View Post
      Guide.....?x
      Rather than a guide, it's probably best to see this:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2012/9/section/56

I'll go into the keeping of biometric data if you really want, but not really suitable for this thread! :beagle:

The Act covers much more than just parking charges.

Chaz - your friend may have heard about the guidance that was introduced about operation of cameras. This is however just guidance, not law.

Comment

Rather than a guide, it's probably best to see this:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2012/9/section/56

I'll go into the keeping of biometric data if you really want, but not really suitable for this thread! :beagle:

The Act covers much more than just parking charges.

Chaz - your friend may have heard about the guidance that was introduced about operation of cameras. This is however just guidance, not law.
        Just want the meaning - not the pages of legalese, lol! x

Comment

It's honestly not hard legalese, nor even pages of it - look!

Changes to legislation: There are currently no known outstanding effects for the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012, Section 56.

56 Recovery of unpaid parking charges Schedule 4 (which makes provision for the recovery of unpaid parking charges from the keeper or hirer of a vehicle in certain circumstances) has effect.

Comment

It's honestly not hard legalese, nor even pages of it - look!

Changes to legislation: There are currently no known outstanding effects for the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012, Section 56.

56 Recovery of unpaid parking charges Schedule 4 (which makes provision for the recovery of unpaid parking charges from the keeper or hirer of a vehicle in certain circumstances) has effect.
            Doh - Labman - I meant we need a simple, straightforward explanation in plain English (maybe it's just me?)

Comment

Doh - Labman - I meant we need a simple, straightforward explanation in plain English (maybe it's just me?)
              Yes, it's just you!

This is what it says in the Act:

So Section 56 is about the Recovery of unpaid parking charges. The bit in red states There are currently no known changes to Section 56.

Soooooo......... Nothing has changed as regards Parking Charge Notices. There have been other, unrelated changes, about the keeping of biometric data and exciting things like that.

Hope this clarifies things! Nothing changed that is relevant.

There was guidance introduced about the operation of cameras. This potentially has an effect if evidence relies on a camera image, but it is only guidance to the best of my knowledge.

:tinysmile_kiss_t4::tinysmile_kiss_t4::tinysmile_k iss_t4:

Comment

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thanks and a whoopsy-daisy x

Comment

Just to drum it home, this should be much easier! :behindsofa:

http://vietnamlit.org/wiki/images/5/...om_example.png

Comment

Much easier:kev:thanks!

Comment

The changes were -

If the parking company do xyz and cannot get the drivers details then they can chase the registered keeper.

To be honest with you some people are currently trying to make a huge deal out of loads of issues but in reality you get a popla code you say they are penalties they are not a genuine pre estimate of loss and/or the operator doesn't have authority and then you win (at present).

If you lose at popla then you might want other issues if you have the balls to take it to court but the penalty issue should still win you the day.

M1

Comment

Just to drum it home, this should be much easier! :behindsofa:

http://vietnamlit.org/wiki/images/5/...om_example.png
                          But that's only the first half.

What do you do after you've killed & de-skinned it?

& are you certain the neighbour won't mind?

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

慢慢煮上35分钟的气痕5。这是邻居下手,不要告诉他们。

(OK - a teeny weeny bit of help from Google translate for this bit.) :beagle:

Comment

Best I could do!

Yellow Transparent shocking strange story coffin night civet cats, cat face lady, Guizhou hidden words stone, Huangyan Qiu Lin family home ...... (Transfer watercress: chrysanthemum small two)

CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X