• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Restons sent me a blue court letter for Arrow about MBNA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Restons sent me a blue court letter for Arrow about MBNA

Btw, the clock is ticking on your defense statement.

You acknowledged on the 6th September or thereabouts; you need to file a more detailed defense in a timely fashion.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

dont think i am going to get away with this one, i am travelling in a few hours time and wont be back for a few days.

What would out come be if i called Restons and said look, ill pay £20 a month and no more.

Comment

Restons could potentially apply for a default judgement, as you will not have adequately responded in time to the court.
        However, if you want to make the offer, & Reston's accept, the court can be informed that the case has been settled.
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

If you don't file a defence, they will be able to enter judgement in default, so there's little incentive for them to settle - especially if you can't pay a lump sum. They would want to obtain the judgement before agreeing a repayment plan - so they can go straight to enforcement if you fail to keep to the arrangement.

I know "embarrassed" defences can get struck out, but it might buy you enough time to negotiate a settlement by consent/Tomlin order for a payment plan. Not ideal, but better than judgement in default IMHO.

You definitely need legal advice here because, if you don't act, you are going to get a CCJ.
          Last edited by littlebert8; 13th September 2013, 10:28:AM. Reason: spelling/typing

Comment

& any amount over £750 is dangerous territory.

https://www.gov.uk/bankruptcy/overview
            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
              & any amount over £750 is dangerous territory.

https://www.gov.uk/bankruptcy/overview
              Extended to £1,000 this year?????

Comment

ok, think ill give restons a call and make an offer of monthly payment. i dont want this going to court or CCJ as i have worked bloody hard in getting a decent credit rating again.

Can i still demand the original contract and terms and conditions to see if there was PPI missold so i can claim something back ?

Comment

Can you just hold fire till I get a chance to look at this moire closely over the week end. A decent defence, given the circumstances would be straightforward here.
                  "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

ah...might be too late... i had a chat with this Miss Cook ( who seemed a lovely girl and quite chatting ) i have already proposed £30 a month payment, and she is now drawing up and plan and is getting in touch with the court so say its " settled" so i dont have to worry about the blue court papers.

Apologies if i was too hasty here, but when i was communicating with the Lady at the court via email, she says the defence needed to be done by the 18th
                    Last edited by Quasar; 13th September 2013, 14:17:PM. Reason: added 2nd paragraph.

Comment

Hi Celestine,
                      Hope you had a good weekend.
                      Is there anything i can still do, or is it all too late now.
                      Restons says they are going to send me out some paperwork for monthly payment and if i default on this they have the power to go file directly for a Judgement !!??

Comment

Originally posted by Quasar View Post
                        Hi Celestine,
                        Restons says they are going to send me out some paperwork for monthly payment and if i default on this they have the power to go file directly for a Judgement !!??
                        They have the power? they can start proceedings then of course you have the right to reply and if necessary to challenge thru the county court system., they can only issue a N1 to start court proceedings, in that case you respond and they then cannot get a CCJ by default, these companies need a boot up the ass as they are getting complacent.

another breaking guidelines - still guidlines are only just that guidlines from FSA etc.

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                          They have the power? they can start proceedings then of course you have the right to reply and if necessary to challenge thru the county court system., they can only issue a N1 to start court proceedings, in that case you respond and they then cannot get a CCJ by default, these companies need a boot up the ass as they are getting complacent.

another breaking guidelines - still guidlines are only just that guidlines from FSA etc.
                          This is a live claim! The defendant has only a few days left to file a defence, but has agreed a settlement (instalments) with Restons on the phone. In effect, I think they could still apply for judgement in default before the end of the week unless the OP files a defence. Hence my concern that the settlement does indeed mean the claimant will refrain from entering judgement.

Comment

get onto Cel straight away?

Comment

Originally posted by Quasar View Post
                              Hi Celestine,
                              This sounds like Restons have drafted a "Tomlin order". This is a formal agreement between the parties that the case be stayed except for enforcing the terms of the agreement. You'll probably have to admit the claim and agree to pay whatever instalments you have negotiated, If you break the agreement, they can apply to the court to enter judgement against you and potentially start enforcement action.

At the very least, you should post the terms of the Tomlin order here for advice before signing.

But as mentioned before - they can apply for judgement in default in two days time. Are you sure they wont just do this anyway?

Comment

Ahhh Tomlin, yes she did mention that word.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X