• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye Court letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Eye Court letter

Parked in free parking retail park last December. Ignored all Parking Eye letters and Debt collectors letter. Today received letter from Northampton court demanding £150. Actually I am registered keeper but my husband was drivr. He is disabled. Only parked for about 10 minutes over time. Scared of getting ccj. What do I do?
    Tags: None

Re: Parking Eye Court letter

Can I refer you to this post which I think answers your question better than I could:

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...505#post367505

Comment

Still not clear on what to do. Does the fact that my husband was driver make a difference??

Comment

The pepipoo forums may be a bit more helpful
        http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=60

Comment

http://www.parkingcowboys.co.uk/keeper-liability/

It can give you more to add to your defence if they haven't followed the law.

M1

Comment

It would appear from the very brief details you have provided that you would have a case. In a free car park, it would be extremely difficult for them to produce any pre-estimate of consequential loss - just that one point would make your argument reasonably strong, but there are never any guarantees, nobody can give you those.

You would, of course, look for other grounds as well such as the formation of a contract etc... There is an excellent appeal letter here which will give you some ideas of the areas you could focus on:

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...rking-Offences

After that, it is largely back to the first link, and whether you feel you could actually stand up in a court and fight your case.

Have a look at that letter, and come back with any concerns. Unfortunately, nobody can tell you what you should do. We can say whether we think you have a good defence and help you put that together, but ultimately what works for one person may not work for another.

Comment

Thanks to you all for your help. At the moment I am feeling somewhat over-awed by this all. Read on government site that there is a right to mediation before it goes to court. Do I have to respond to claim or just ask for mediation as my response. Claim form doesn't mention mediation. As I said driver is severely disabled and car park did not say whether it extended same right to blue badge holders that local council does, ie. 3 hours. Can I go back to PE directly and expect any joy with the disabled driver argument? Main argument is that driver could not hurry after bing held up at the shops. One main shop on retail park is Lidl. Have sent email to them asking if they would like it publicised that their car park management company does not give disabled people the same right of 3 hours free parking as th local council does.

Comment

Void question.
                Last edited by Inca; 21st August 2013, 16:53:PM. Reason: deleted

Comment

Originally posted by Wekshdriver View Post
                  Thanks to you all for your help. At the moment I am feeling somewhat over-awed by this all. Read on government site that there is a right to mediation before it goes to court. Do I have to respond to claim or just ask for mediation as my response. Claim form doesn't mention mediation. As I said driver is severely disabled and car park did not say whether it extended same right to blue badge holders that local council does, ie. 3 hours. Can I go back to PE directly and expect any joy with the disabled driver argument? Main argument is that driver could not hurry after bing held up at the shops. One main shop on retail park is Lidl. Have sent email to them asking if they would like it publicised that their car park management company does not give disabled people the same right of 3 hours free parking as th local council does.
                  Probably not what you want to hear, but best saved for your defence I think. Mystery 1 is the real guru on this site, so see what they say, but I don't believe mediation etc... applies to these.

As for talking to PE - you can do that at any stage, and make them any offer you see fit at any time.

Comment

The pre action protocols do ask that both parties try an alternative dispute resolution prior to starting proceedings. They will say, no doubt, they tried writing to you and got no reply and thus had no option but to start a claim.

If you wish to settle with them then contact them and ask.It will be cheaper for them to settle as they won't need to instruct a local agent to appear in court. The only way to find out how cheaply you can get away from this is to ask them. They may or may not do it cheaper.

Personally i'd defend it but it's your choice and i'm not going to coerce you in to something you don't want to do.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X