• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Pre-hearing Review

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-hearing Review

I have filed for constructive dismissal against my former employer (a pub/restaurant chain). My issues are that I was regularly underpaid, my complaints were ignored. I also insulted numerous by both the manager and assistant manager and feel my treatment would be classed as bullying. Lastly I felt forced to do things against my better judgement, turning a blind eye to racist jokes toward staff and customers, as well as ignoring poor practice regarding hygiene. I have received a letter informing me there will be a pre-hearing review. The letter states that 'the matters to be clarified, and if appropriate, decided at the PHR are: Whether the tribunal has jurisdiction to consider the claims'. Also attached to the letter is the response from my employer regarding my case. I suspect the reason for the pre-hearing review is that my employer claims my forms were not submitted on time. When I left, I stated in my letter of notice my last day of employment would be March 13th. I was injured on this date and forced to let them know I would be unable to work. This meant the last day I actually worked was March 10th. My forms were sent within 3 months of the 13th, but fall just short if my last day of employment is the 10th. It would be very helpful is someone could assist with the following - what would legally be classed as my last day of employment, the 10th, the last day I worked, or the 13th, the day I have notice until? I would also appreciate some advice regarding a pre hearing review, do I need to bring my witnesses to this? Is it necessary to send my evidence to the respondent and court prior to the hearing? (e.g. email of my notice). A huge thank you to anyone who can answer these questions.
    Tags: None

Re: Pre-hearing Review

Your last day would be March 13th as you could have returned to work up until that day to work your notice period.

I hope the following may be of help:

http://www.justice.gov.uk/tribunals/...ent/hearings#5

Comment

Hi bakes100, & welcome to Legal Beagles.

When did you commence employment with your former employer?
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

I thought I had already replied so apologies if I am repeating myself. Thankyou Labman that may well be of use, however at the moment my concern is the pre-hearing review, is the information you recommended in reference to the hearing itself? I struggle to believe my witnesses can be expected to attend both PHR and hearing, particularly as I believe the PHR is to confirm when my employment ended, it is this I would like to be sure about. Thank you nobby, my employment started on the 14th March 2011 and ended 13th March 2013. Is the fact I just missed the two year anniversary an issue? I was unsure if it was necessary to work for 1 or 2 years to claim as I understand this rule changed at some point. Any advice is very much appreciated, I have no experience whatsoever in this area, thank you.

Comment

If you were employed before April 2012, you require 1 year's service to be able to make an ET claim for unfair/constructive unfair dismissal.

After that, it is 2 years.

You can always contact the ET to find out details of the PHR.
          Normally these are sent to you in advance.

For more info - http://www.out-law.com/en/articles/2...ys-government/
          Last edited by charitynjw; 21st August 2013, 05:31:AM.
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

deleted
            Last edited by Inca; 21st August 2013, 05:16:AM. Reason: got it wrong.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X