• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Reconstituted CCA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reconstituted CCA

Hi Just a quick question.

I have a very old joint-account partner debt with Barclaycard which I am disputing.

Does anyone know if it is legally acceptable under the terms of the CCA for a creditor (Barclaycard via MKDP) to supply a 'reconstituted copy of a CCA' with no visible signature or even my name relating to the contract?

Thats what MKDP sent to me.. a nasty dog-eared copy plus some random terms and conditions which may or may not be relevant...and they claim this fulfils their obligations under s77-79of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

All thoughts and guidance gratefully received.

Benny
    Tags: None

Re: Reconstituted CCA

Oh, BTW I have been dealing with it for a while so it is not statute barred (just in case any one was wondering).

Comment

It certainly needs to contain your name and address at the time the contract was formed.
      A recon does not need a signature.

Why not scan up an anonymised copy of the 'recon' agreement for us to peek at?
      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Celestine. Many thanks and great idea. Will do when on home computer later. Thx

Comment

Originally posted by Bennysonic View Post
          Hi Just a quick question.

I have a very old joint-account partner debt with Barclaycard which I am disputing.

Does anyone know if it is legally acceptable under the terms of the CCA for a creditor (Barclaycard via MKDP) to supply a 'reconstituted copy of a CCA' with no visible signature or even my name relating to the contract?

Thats what MKDP sent to me.. a nasty dog-eared copy plus some random terms and conditions which may or may not be relevant...and they claim this fulfils their obligations under s77-79of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.
          After the infamous Carey v HSBC case, it was established that a reconstituted copy of an agreement satisfies the requirements of a request under s.77-79:
          Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
          (1) A creditor can satisfy its duty under s78 by providing a reconstituted version of the executed agreement which may be from sources other than the actual signed agreement itself;
          (2)The s78 copy must contain the name and address of the debtor as it was at the time of the execution of the agreement. But the creditor can provide the name and address from whatever source it has of those details. It does not have to take them from the executed agreement itself;
          (3) The creditor need not, in complying with s78, provide a document which would comply (if signed) with the requirements of the Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations 1983 as to form, as at the date the agreement was made;
          (4) If an agreement has been varied by the creditor under a unilateral power of variation, the creditor must still provide a copy of the original agreement, as well as the varied terms;
          Note that the recon should contain your name and address. It should also be noted that s.77-79 is for information purposes only and, in the above case, Carey was the CLAIMANT rather than the defendant.

Barclays have lost/misplaced a lot of their agreements and are trying to fob people off with random terms and other tidbits that have nothing to do with the original agreements.

Could you scan or take a picture of the documents, remove your personal details and post up here? :typing:

Comment

Hi Bennysonic,

Unfortunately, as things stand, a recon is acceptable, & should be supplied with the T&C's which were relevant at the inception of the agreement, plus any modifying ones.

However, the agreement must contain the 'prescribed terms' as per CCA 1974 & the enabling regulations, & with older agreements (pre April 2007), a lack of same could render the agreement unenforceable.

See http://paulatwatsonssolicitors.wordp...er-credit-act/
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by Bennysonic View Post
              Can you clarify, was this a joint bank account with Barclays Bank or a credit card with Barclaycard? Different sections of the CCA apply to different products such as overdrafts.

Comment

I may be wrong, :confused2: but I thought you couldn't have joint credit cards as such, just additional cardholders, with the main account holder being solely responsible for the debt. :noidea:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X