• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Celestine & PT2537 Join Howlett Clarke Solicitors to Set Up Consumer Litigation Team

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celestine & PT2537 Join Howlett Clarke Solicitors to Set Up Consumer Litigation Team

Hi All :beagle:

On Monday 12th August 2013 Paul Tilley (PT2537) and myself started work for Howlett Clarke Solicitors in Brighton.
    www.howlettclarke.co.uk

We have both now finished working for Watsons Solicitors as sadly the firm is closing in 2 weeks.

Paul & me were recruited to set up a dedicated consumer credit team within the Litigation Department at Howlett Clarke.

As many of you are aware, Paul and I have represented dozens of consumers against banks and debt purchasers. Paul has been behind some of the most significant consumer credit cases in recent years, such as Harrison v Link, Santander v Mayhew, Kotecha, Wegmuller etc etc. I have now won 16 cases, mainly statutory demands due to the superb training and support I received from Paul whilst we were colleagues at Watsons.

We chose Howlett Clarke out of the four firms who wanted to recruit us because they impressed us with their determination to create a dedicated consumer resource, they were unafraid of standing firm against multi billion pound banks, they could clearly see that Paul and me are absolutely dedicated to improving the landscape for consumers in the UK. They were also very supportive of our largely CFA based charging structure; which enables us to recover costs from the opponents at settlement or victory.

Naturally, Legal Beagles will continue to be totally unaffected by mine and Paul's work aside from the unique capacity to step in and directly help our users when required. The feedback I have received in recent months for my statutory demand work has been 100% positive and has only enhanced this forums reputation for action and results. I'm also very happy to announce that Paul will be joining the site team here on Legal Beagles in the next few days.

So from now onwards if you receive a claim or statutory demand, please feel free to contact Paul or me at Howlett Clarke. Obviously we get a lot of enquiries, so a brief, honest summary of your circumstances is preferable to sending us 300 pages of evidence before we've had a chance to check the basics! I would always recommend that you start a thread first; which you can then link to.

We hope you will all wish us luck in setting up the first ever dedicated department in this area of law, we hope to create lots of fantastic, useful case law for the future, alongside providing a fair fightback against abusive and inappropriate litigation.

Many Thanks

Kate Briscoe
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com
    Tags: None

Re: Celestine & PT2537 Join Howlett Clarke Solicitors to Set Up Consumer Litigation T

Sad to see Watsons closing, but every success to yourself and Paul in your new posts at Howlett Clarke, Kate.
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Re: Celestine & PT2537 Join Howlett Clarke Solicitors to Set Up Consumer Litigation T

I wish you both all the best in your shiny new career with Howlett Clarke, hope this new move is all you guys ever wanted and much more.
      Being as capable as both you are, :yo: :yo: HC should consider themselves very lucky to have you as part of their team.
      Keep doing what you do best: beating those useless creditors who can't even cobble together a credit agreement on our behalf!

Comment

Good luck you two--a credit to LB

Comment

We spoke about this on the phone a while ago, and I told you then how very proud I am of you and to be associated with you.

((((Hugs))))

Comment

A thank you in advance from all those who come on here for help hope you can help and be a success in your day job as well

Comment

Congratulations, Kate & Paul. :okay:
              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
              gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Just don't put yer feet up on your desk with high heels on,,length of your legs you'll harpoon someone or take an eye out!!
                Seriously tho...a million zillion blessings to you both...xxxxx

Comment

After what I believe have been difficult times for both of you, I am sincerely pleased to hear of such a positive outcome from the sad closure of Watson's. I'm sure that Howlett Clarke consider it a real howl to now have two genuwine Legal Beagles at their desks - 'perhaps "The incredible in pursuit of the unspeakable" !!! :tongue2:
                  I look forward to welcoming Paul as site Team, too - as Kate will deffo be all too aware !!! :kev:

Comment

Hi Celestine and and PT2537,
                    What wonderful news!
                    I'm sure you'll be blazing a fiery trail in your new positions :flame:
                    Big congratulations to you both on your new journey!

Regards,
                    Helpseeker.

Comment

Wishing you both the best of luck with your new employer. Paul helped my dad out a few years back and Kate helped me recently.
                      You are both true legal beagles

Comment

I'm sure I met Kate at the OFT Rally back in 2006, didn't know you worked for AW though, there's a surprise (for me at least).

Having had personal dealings with Paul I reckon you'll be a mean machine and I wish you every success - just remember I could do with a bit of a day job myself so if you need any sleuth's, you know where this ole Cabot Fan Clubber resides!

Anything to support such a worthy cause as I have a few quid to make up having paid off Swift and Shabbey :tinysmile_cry_t:

Thanks for all the support and I wish you both well.

A1
                        Seek your own legal advice, I am not trained in legal matters, just give my opinion from my own personal experience.

I am an original Cabot Fan Club member and proud of it.

Comment

Very pleased for you both and for Leagle Beagles. Sorry that Watsons have gone but I hope that wasnt forced.

The work you do on LB and now as Legal Eagles is much respected, valued and needed.

Love and Best wishes

QCK

Comment

One wonders if the news hath yet reached the Hallowed Grounds of Lowell etcetera etcetera?? I do so wish I could be the fly on the walls of such esteemed establishments msl:

Comment

Sooooo.............Kate & Paul are relocating to Brighton.

& the LB meet is going to be in Brighton.

What could possibly go wrong?!

msl:
                              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                              gets his brain a-going.
                              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X