• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Fairness issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fairness issues

Hi

Ive undergone a meeting in respect of a grievance against me. At the very beginning on introduction i was informed by my boss that they knew what decision they wanted to make but thier hands were tied from above, before then advising me that they were apologising to me as there were good processes in place to deal with issues which had clearly not been dealt with in my case. Throughout the meeting i was told that my boss felt the whole issue was a witchunt, underhand and felt there was an agenda against me. Most of the greivances were disregarded, there was 1 area which i was told i needed to develope and that the norm would be for me to have some advice to support me where i would then have several months to develope as this role was still new to me.

However again i was told that my boss was unhappy with the way i had been treated and he knew what decision he would make before advising that his hands were tied by those above and informing me that i was only in a temp promoted position and would be moved back down to my normal position as there was a drive from the top boss to have quick turnaround of temping posts...i have only been in this post a few months and there are others who have been in same temping posts for several years?? Again i was told that this was clearly a witchunt, unfair and underhand and done at a time i was most vulnerable. I am a public servant...however am not classed as an employee....please can you advise where i stand as i feel very let down by the whole process and it seems extremely unfair.

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Fairness issues

Hi 52487 & welcome to Legal Beagles.

Quite a cryptic post!

There are many different types of public servant workers, & many differences when it comes to employment rights.
    It would not really be possible to address all the variations here, unless we had more specific details.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by 52487 View Post
      However again i was told that my boss was unhappy with the way i had been treated and he knew what decision he would make before advising that his hands were tied by those above and informing me that i was only in a temp promoted position and would be moved back down to my normal position as there was a drive from the top boss to have quick turnaround of temping posts...i have only been in this post a few months and there are others who have been in same temping posts for several years?? Again i was told that this was clearly a witchunt, unfair and underhand and done at a time i was most vulnerable. I am a public servant...however am not classed as an employee....please can you advise where i stand as i feel very let down by the whole process and it seems extremely unfair.

Thanks
      Are you working through an agency? Through an umbrella or limited company? For an outsourcing outfit? Or directly with the employer? Are you on a fixed term contract or just an ordinary 'temp' on a week by week basis?

Comment

Hi

Ive undergone a meeting in respect of a grievance against me. At the very beginning on introduction i was informed by my boss that they knew what decision they wanted to make but thier hands were tied from above, before then advising me that they were apologising to me as there were good processes in place to deal with issues which had clearly not been dealt with in my case. Throughout the meeting i was told that my boss felt the whole issue was a witchunt, underhand and felt there was an agenda against me. Most of the greivances were disregarded, there was 1 area which i was told i needed to develope and that the norm would be for me to have some advice to support me where i would then have several months to develope as this role was still new to me.

Thanks
        Im a police officer...which is why im not classed as an employee

Comment

To my best knowledge, police officers are excluded from most of the usual employment legislation, but are governed via the Police Act 1996.

Are you in the Police Federation?
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi 52487,

I am a retired police officer. Would I be correct in thinking that you have been acting up in a higher rank than your normal rank to cover a shortfall in the rank you were acting in?

As a police officer, you are a Crown Servant, which means you are not covered by the majority of standard Employment Law. If you are a member of one of the Police Federations, get them onboard if you can. I was a member of the Police Federation and, latterly, the Defence Police Federation and was glad of the DPF's assistance when I suffered an injury on duty that lead to my being medically-retired from the job.

Having spoken to a number of serving police officers, locally, I do know that there is a mood of feeling in the police service, generally, that officers do not like the direction in which the police service is being lead.

If your enquiry is of a particularly sensitive nature, security-wise or operationally, please feel free to send me a PM.
            Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

At the very beginning on introduction i was informed by my boss that they knew what decision they wanted to make but thier hands were tied from above [...] Throughout the meeting i was told that my boss felt the whole issue was a witchunt, underhand and felt there was an agenda against me.
              Any witnesses on your side to this? No union representative present? Consider covert recording in future.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X