• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Directions and Default Notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Directions and Default Notice

Hi All

Due in court soon, Have couple of question if anyone can help.

1, Had order from court for direction, first one was for document list which had to be presented to claimant by 28th July, and to myself from them. which I did, But the claimant did not keep to the date and I received their list 12 days later and it was dated 10 days after as well, I did in the mean time write to the court who said I would have to fill in a 244 form, But now that the list has been sent is there any point in this or anything I could do at court.

2, I never received a default notice. and have asked for this a few times so I could check it conforms to the legal requirements, It now appears that they do not have one and are saying that by sending a template of what one would have look like, that this would be good enough for them to confirm I had one as the banks have to follow strict rules and don,t make mistakes,
    Is there a regulation on default notice or case study, and can they get away with this.

thanks
    Tatty
    Tags: None

Re: Court Directions and Default Notice

Originally posted by tatty View Post
    Hi All

Due in court soon, Have couple of question if anyone can help.

1, Had order from court for direction, first one was for document list which had to be presented to claimant by 28th July, and to myself from them. which I did, But the claimant did not keep to the date and I received their list 12 days later and it was dated 10 days after as well, I did in the mean time write to the court who said I would have to fill in a 244 form, But now that the list has been sent is there any point in this or anything I could do at court.

2, I never received a default notice. and have asked for this a few times so I could check it conforms to the legal requirements, It now appears that they do not have one and are saying that by sending a template of what one would have look like, that this would be good enough for them to confirm I had one as the banks have to follow strict rules and don,t make mistakes,
    Is there a regulation on default notice or case study, and can they get away with this.

thanks
    Tatty
    Sadly there is no requirement for a creditor to keep a copy of an information notice( which is what a DN is).

Comment

Is this the same case as on this other thread? http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ht=#post305848

Comment

Hi All and thanks for input.

Yes FlamingParrot this is the same as the one quoted, I was then going to court for a statue demand but it was set aside so DCA now trying new route.
        One thing that was in my favor was that the agreement does not have a PT for purchase and service.
        Also no right to cancel but judge was not sure if that was a PT or not, still he was not happy with it and set it aside.

Thanks
        Tat

Comment

HI
          Does anyone know if , right to cancel, should be in a credit card agreement and would this be a Prescribe term.

thanks
          t

Comment

Hi All

DCA have re sent a default notice for an account that was terminated.
            Just to bring you up to date, This is an old Egg agreement now been purchased by Aktiv. Went to court for a statuary demand, which was dismissed on the evidence that was presented, I was then taken back to court and this time again it was dismissed as the judge agreed that there was no evidence that I had ever received a default notice.
            Now I have been sent a new default notice demanding I pay the full amount, if not I will be reported to the CRA and taken back to court for the third time, 1. this seem like abuse of process, 2, I have already been default to CRA for this debt already. 3, the agreement was terminated by egg in writing, and in both times in the courts by statement form Aktiv that the agreement had been terminated.

Any thoughts or advice on what would be my next best move.
            Thanks.

Comment

anyone with any info on default notice,
              thank you

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X