• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hello to the people in the know!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello to the people in the know!

Hi, I'm Heather and I parked on a car park for 13 minutes looking for a machine that worked and got charged £60!:tinysmile_cry_t:

This is my problem: on 11th July I entered Tower road Newquay car park (PARKING EYE) at 14:29:29, I got out of my car checked the price, didn't have sufficient change so proceeded to the snack hut on the car park to get change, I walked to the closest machine and blindly started typing in my car reg then went to put money in, the machine wouldn't accept my money, the screen had only the date and time and appeared to be frozen, I walked across the car park to the other machine and this was doing the same thing, neither machine would accept my money.

Myself and my partner saw and spoke to another confused man on the car park who also was unable to pay and we noticed that there were other cars parked without tickets in their windows.

We decided to leave as as a consumer it is my right to choose how I pay.
    The car park does have a pay by phone service but I flat right refuse always have always will to sit on a car park typing in my card details to pay by phone, it's time wasting and I don't trust it all. Especially not when I now have change in my hand.

At 14:43:16 I departed the car park and went to the one next door where I paid for my ticket at the machine and enjoyed the rest of the day.

I spent 13 minutes on the car park!

On the 29th of August I received a letter dated 26th August telling me that I had a REMINDER to pay my fine dated 11th August. I hadn't received an initial letter let alone a reminder! To make matters worse I had until 31st August to pay the £60 fine. Otherwise it would become £100. 3days to respond?

I immediately responded to this by trying to call the company. Conveniently it is an automated service where I can speak to no one.

I then responded with an appeal, I included all the information you see above as well as reminding them that all of my actions above can be seen on CCTV. I asked that I be given a route to complain as customer service is zero and the fact they are trying to charge me to walk around a car park with faulty machine FOR 13 MINUTES is ridiculous.

They declined my appeal, they replied dated 6th August, "your recent appeal has been unsuccessful due to the fact the car park is a 'pay&display/paid parking' only. Our records show you did not purchase a valid parking ticket or the appropriate parking time on the date of the parking event. However, as a gesture of goodwill, we have extended the discount period for a further 14days from the date of this correspondence"

So they didn't read a word I said in my appeal? But...

"there is an independent appeals service (POPLA) which is available to motorists who have had an appeal rejected by a British parking association approved operator."

They also go on to give me an address to pay and where to make cheques payable?!

Can somebody advise me please? It seems to me they only care about the money not the actual circumstances. If I appeal to this second service will it get me anywhere? Im running out of time!
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X