• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

advice please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice please

First off if this is in the wrong section please feel free to move. I have quite a big problem as I am in debt....not for the first time...but hopefully the last. I have just set up a token payment plan with CCCS (Stepchange). All being fine thus far. I cancelled all direct debits and Continuous payment authority's last week with my bank on advice from CCCS (stepchange). Yesterday, all of my wages, bar £4.80 have been taken by one company I owe money too. This morning, my child benefit and child tax credit has been taken also. I have phoned the bank and asked why this has happened as I cancelled the authority but they are saying that it takes 7 working days to process. They also say I have to wait between 3-5 working days for the money to officially leave my account and then a dispute can be raised. Please can anyone tell me if there is anything at all I can do please. The bank have kindly refunded me £15 of bank charges but that is not going to see me too far. My council tax is also in arrears and I was supposed to pay yesterday to stop court action. Please, any kind words would be helpful as I don't think I can handle anyone telling me its my own fault....
    Tags: None

Re: advice please

Also, I should of asked above but I was wondering if anyone knows my first point of call to get use of a food bank?

Comment

:bump:

Comment

Hi beagles. I'm not really sure why no one here responded but I'm trying not to be to paranoid about it. I thought I would give an update for other people who may have similar experiences because it has been horrid. The bank kept saying they would refund me by 5pm on wed and thurs but it didn't happen. I spoke to the. Again on Thursday at 4.50pm and they stated that because I owe the company money they would not be refunding. I spoke to CAB and they advised me that because I cancelled the continuous payment authority the bank have to refund me! It is in statute the financial payment services 2009. They also advised me to threaten them with the obudsman. Anyway long story short after getting the bank manager involved today they refunded! It was a fight but worth it. CAB got me in touch with the local food bank too.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter lady View Post
          Hi beagles. I'm not really sure why no one here responded but I'm trying not to be to paranoid about it. I thought I would give an update for other people who may have similar experiences because it has been horrid. The bank kept saying they would refund me by 5pm on wed and thurs but it didn't happen. I spoke to the. Again on Thursday at 4.50pm and they stated that because I owe the company money they would not be refunding. I spoke to CAB and they advised me that because I cancelled the continuous payment authority the bank have to refund me! It is in statute the financial payment services 2009. They also advised me to threaten them with the obudsman. Anyway long story short after getting the bank manager involved today they refunded! It was a fight but worth it. CAB got me in touch with the local food bank too.
          Glad the bank got the message, Scooter Lady, and welcome back, BTW.
          Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X